x
Admin

June & July 2023 Book: The 1-Page Marketing Plan by Allan Dib

Hey Square Readers,

You voted, and you chose The 1-Page Marketing Plan by Allan Dib as our Square Readers Book Club book for June & July!

SRBC_The-1-Page-Marketing-Plan-June-2023.png

Here’s a quick summary:

“To build a successful business, you need to stop doing random acts of marketing and start following a reliable plan for rapid business growth. Traditionally, creating a marketing plan has been a difficult and time-consuming process, which is why it often doesn't get done. Whether you're just starting out or are an experienced entrepreneur, you'll discover: How to get new customers and how make more profit from existing ones; how to close sales without being pushy; how to make yourself the only logical choice; how to get amazing results on a small budget; how to charge high prices for your products and services and have customers actually thank you for it.”

We will start reading on Monday, June 5th, so get ready and pick up a copy at a local library, bookstore, Amazon, or anywhere else! Feel free to go for any version you’d prefer: paper, digital, or audiobook (listening totally counts as reading too!).

You can join in at any time, new readers are always welcome. So get ready to dive into this book together!

We’ll have discussion threads being posted throughout the next two months, and a Live Video Chat Discussion on Tuesday July 25th at 4pm (Eastern US & CA). 

Get involved in these discussion posts:

We can’t wait to read with you!

Pesso

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him
Small Business Evangelist, Square

Join the Square Readers Book Club
Message 1 of 23
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey Readers!

We just finished reading this book, and posted our Full Book Summary, so check that out!

We also just started our August & September 2023 book, Hug your Haters by Jay Baer, and we'd love for you to join in on our discussion threads for it.

Can't wait to read with you,

Pesso

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him

View Best Answer >

Message 23 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Super Seller

Thanks for getting this started! I love book clubs and am looking forward to hearing the perspective of other business owners relative to this book!

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 2 of 23
Admin

Thanks for joining and jumping in @Bronze_Palms ! I can't wait to hear your perspectives too, especially with your background in marketing!

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him

Message 3 of 23

Perfect! Just what I needed AND it is $0 on Kindle Unlimited!

Message 4 of 23
Admin

Glad to hear it works with your needs, @CarissaD -- and even better that it's free!

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him

Message 5 of 23
Super Seller

This is where I started reading it as well...

Jacqueline
Owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique
Message 6 of 23

Can;t wait to read this! Just what I need

Message 7 of 23
Admin

So great to hear, @MarieRoj ! Glad that it's right up your alley!

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him

Message 8 of 23

Yay! Thank you so much. I'm super excited for this book. 

Message 9 of 23
Admin

Terrific, @Moreplease ! So glad You're excited for it -- looking forward to having you in the discussions!

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him

Message 10 of 23
Super Seller

Oooh, this sounds really good! Creating an actual marketing plan has been top of mind for me lately -- eager to check this out.

Michelle Savage
Co-Founder & President
Savage Goods | @savagegoods | savagegoods.com
Message 11 of 23
Admin

So glad that this has been top of mind and can hopefully help, @mksavage ! Looking forward to reading it along with ya and hearing your thoughts and updates

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him

Message 12 of 23

This book is actively transforming the way I do business, and I am literally making more sale already.

Message 13 of 23
Admin

That is so wonderful to hear, @EstherSkinCo !

I’d love to hear what you’ve done that have helped increase sales so far, if you can please share. 

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him

Message 14 of 23
Super Seller

I started reading this one a while ago but didn't get to finish it...Great time to pick it back up.

Jacqueline
Owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique
Message 15 of 23
Admin

That worked out wonderfully then, @JUYBoutique20 ! Thanks for joining in for it!

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him

Message 16 of 23

Like so many in the comments, I love book clubs too! I'll See you all in July for the discussion.

Message 17 of 23
Admin

Thank you so much @BaileyD4SM !

Definitely see you then, but also here in the discussion threads throughout June & July-

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him

Message 18 of 23
Seller Community Mentor

Hello Aylon and our book club peeps

Starting with why for our first book was amazing  ..the book full of helpful hints our discussion was perfect ...everyone had sooo much to share 

I am really looking forward to our meeting after we read the 1 page marketing plan 

Happy reading everyone and see you in july

Arline Trividic
Message 19 of 23
Admin

Thank you so much @Smellthis1919 !

I'm so glad that you got so much from the book and the discussions! That really makes me so happy to hear. 

Definitely looking forward to reading and hearing everyone's thoughts and ideas on the next one too!

See you in the live chat in July and in our text discussions right here all the way through-

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him

Message 20 of 23

I finished Start With Why and LOVED it! I was traveling so was unable to join the discussion but I have begun reading The 1-Page Marketing Plan and will look forward to the discussion! Thank you for creating this book club!

Message 21 of 23