x
Admin

Your 1PMPlan - Part 2: During - Lead

Hey Square Readers,

giphy

In our first discussion thread, we started working on putting together your own 1-Page Marketing Plan, and we’ll continue filling it out today!

In addition or instead of reading our second book, The 1-Page Marketing Plan by Allan Dib, you can also sign up through his website for the materials.

Today we’ll continue into the second section of the book, the During – Lead Phase from Chapters 4 to 6. The author describes this as when you “get them to like you and buy from you the first time” and the focus is taking those prospective customers that you developed in the first phase and carefully growing them into actual paying customers. 

Lead Capture

When you have your prospective customers all lined up, you need a way to manage them before jumping into just selling to them. Having a way to have them raise their hand to say their interested, and being able to put them into some type of customer database.

Lead Nurturing

Next up is the essential part of using that list to start to market to and send information. This isn’t a sales pitch but rather genuinely giving these folks something of value to them, and showing that you’re someone to be trusted.

Sales Conversion

Here’s the big one, figuring out your plan to actually converting the people who are interested. It’s crafting your pathway to get them to buy in, and removing obstacles that may prevent them.

So jump on in with your answers in the comments below:

1. What is your Lead Capture system?
  2. What is your Lead Nurturing system?
  3. What is your Sales Conversion strategy?

Please share any other thoughts you have about this book, too.

We can’t wait to hear your thoughts in the comments below!

Happy reading,

Pesso

P.S. here’s the full 1-Page Marketing Plan doc, showing it all:

Pesso_0-1687800284870.jpeg

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him
Small Business Evangelist, Square

Join the Square Readers Book Club
Message 1 of 13
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

All set with Part 2? Jump on over to Part 3: After - Customers to finish up your 1-Page Marketing Plan!

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him

View Best Answer >

Message 9 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Super Seller

Honestly our lead capture system is social media. We provide a ton of educational content where people ask questions and comment. We do our best to reply to as many of those comments and questions as possible.

we dedicate a TON of time to social media because that is where we can best reach and teach our audience about the products and service we offer. It allows us to build a relationship with our audience where they actually know us. 

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 2 of 13
Admin

I absolutely love this, @DLRosenberg !

Your educational content is top notch and seems like it's been working so well. 

Replying to comments and questions is huge and goes a long way to build that relationship.

Do you also attempt to capture email addresses - both of existing customers as well as social media followers? And re-share your educational content via email or blog on your website or anything else?

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him

Message 3 of 13
Super Seller

Good Question...

We don't really use our email for anything more than announcements... but perhaps we SHOULD start sending educational content out monthly.

Dina

Message 4 of 13
Admin

It's not a bad idea! Having that repository of information in an evergreen and easy to access place like a blog section of your website (and youtube for video content) could be great to become a steady resource, and also work as some solid SEO to attract new customers. And sending out via email can be a great way to stay in folks inboxes and minds, even if social media algorithms change. 

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him

Message 5 of 13

This is completely unrelated to the book, but i just realized you're based out of Amityville.  I was born and raised on Long Island, and still go back to visit family and friends as well as work while there. I'd love to swing by next time I'm in town!

I also am part of a community that creates collaborative tarot decks, each card is designed by different artists from all over the world, each run is limited edition and numbered.  If interested in selling some at your store, let me know 🙂

P.S. followed you on instagram

feel free to message me at @scastrotattoo

Sam Castro
Message 6 of 13
Super Seller

Totally interested! saw you followed us on IG- definitely slide Into our DMs. with deets.

Dina

Message 7 of 13
Admin

I love this connection -- I'm also in LI, @scastrotattoo !

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him

Message 8 of 13
Admin

Best Answer

All set with Part 2? Jump on over to Part 3: After - Customers to finish up your 1-Page Marketing Plan!

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him

Message 9 of 13
Seller Community Mentor

Yo Pesso...

I actually went into this book with the idea in mind of using it for our new project we're moving towards.  We don't need to generate customers, leads or referrals for our current business.  I know that probably sounds very cocky but the reality is that 90% of our business already comes from referrals.  We're booked out 6-8 weeks at a time now and I do ABSOLUTELY ZERO advertising.  Our new project moves us towards my husband's retirement and scaling back our current business to about 25% for the foreseeable future.  Our new venture will definitely require leads and advertising, so this will be helpful!  I'm anxious to hear what everyone has learned!!

Co-Owner/Office Manager
Arctic Heat
Boulder, MT
Message 10 of 13
Admin

Thanks so much for sharing, @CareyJo !

So incredible that your current business is in such good shape! 

I'd love to read some of your answers for what you're planning to do with your new business, in line with the 1-Page Marketing Plan.

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him

Message 11 of 13
Seller Community Mentor

I'm in chapter 6, so haven't finished yet.  We are purchasing an existing business and I will likely do away with their website and FB pages since we will be changing the name and all of the branding.  That of course leads into the opportunity to market ourselves as the new kid in town.  New website, new FB page, new IG account, etc.  I want to do an email newsletter with an event calendar because we will be a new venue.  I'm going to do sign up buttons on the website for the newsletter and joining the email list to create a lead capture system.  Lead nurturing will be the monthly calendar being sent out as we will have a lot of open to the public events.  I also want to look into partnering with AARP as one form of media to reach one part of my market.  We also have a couple of books that are put out locally every year, both in the county and in the state, for travel and things to do.  I will be getting into those, which gives me another media.  Both of those will generate leads.  We also have a fantastic website for our state called getlostmt.com and you can search any area of the state for places to go and things to do.  We have a state tourism agency that won't be hard to connect with and of course our local chambers and newspapers will help.  

I know the book says to be very narrow in our target market, but we can only do that to some degree.  So I plan to have different marketing for different markets.  We will appeal to families with kids, cyclists, bikers, retirees, out of towners, weddings and reunions among other things.  My message will be something like this:  Whether you're looking to host an event at our venue, go on a nearby adventure or just enjoy the peace and quiet, "_____________" has it all.  Our location is on an off shoot of a river and we're close to a few tourist attractions.  I wanted to make my statement cover all of that and be interesting to each of our target market age/activity groups.

Although I mentioned that I'm using this book for our new project, I did get some good ideas to add to my marketing for our current business.  We are going to start marketing again because we will be taking on help and actually growing a little bit.  We will need to market to keep him busy.  I will do another round of letters to our data base, get magents made to send in the letters and make an additional thank you gift as a marketing tool.  I already had one gift that was a large thank you to clients who've purchased equipment from us, but I'm going to do a small one for others.

Thoughts?

Co-Owner/Office Manager
Arctic Heat
Boulder, MT
Message 12 of 13
Admin

That's so exciting, @CareyJo ! Love that you're seeing it as an opportunity to creatively brand and position yourselves as a new great solution. 

Love the email newsletter and focus on events, sign up buttons, and partnering with groups and sites that are in touch with your target audiences!

I think the book's approach for being super narrow is to start with one particular niche, corner that market, and then move on to the next one. That doesn't mean to not do absolutely anything with any other market, but to really focus into one and build your 1PMP accordingly for that audience. 

That's so wonderful that you're going to use it for the current business too, and that you found some great ideas that could work for it along the way. Love it all! Definitely keep us updated to see how it works and what the responses have been like!

Thanks again so much for sharing-

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him

Message 13 of 13