x

Global discount

I recently noticed a new discount appears as an option to apply to a check on the discounts page, it says "Global discount" and is set to $10 off.

We use a couple of discounts in house, one for our employees for 50% off and one for hotel guests referred to our business for 10% off.

I can't figure out how or who added this global discount or how to remove it. Anybody else have the same issue?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Agency Partner

@NanY0business This setting is in Items > Discounts. So in the menu in the Dashboard you would click Items & Orders > Items > Then click Discounts. 

You'll see all the current discounts and can remove the Global discount. 

If you find that someone maliciously setup a discount they weren't supposed to, I would recommend setting up team permissions and employee passcodes to prevent this in the future. This would require a Team Plus, Retail Plus, Restaurants Plus, or Appointments Plus subscription to setup the different permission sets, but might be worth it to keep things locked down. 

Need more help with Square? Feel free to contact us directly, we're happy to help.
appaloosa.tech
ask@appaloosa.tech
512-866-8806
Message 2 of 7

Screenshot 2024-01-31 11.37.51 PM.png

@AppaloosaTech wrote:

@NanY0business This setting is in Items > Discounts. So in the menu in the Dashboard you would click Items & Orders > Items > Then click Discounts. 

You'll see all the current discounts and can remove the Global discount. 

If you find that someone maliciously setup a discount they weren't supposed to, I would recommend setting up team permissions and employee passcodes to prevent this in the future. This would require a Team Plus, Retail Plus, Restaurants Plus, or Appointments Plus subscription to setup the different permission sets, but might be worth it to keep things locked down. 

I tried that already and the new "global discount" is not listed under the discount settings

Message 3 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hello @NanY0business, thanks for reaching out. I just want to clarify you would like a way to know who added the discount to the system? 

Message 4 of 7

I'm the only one with access to the dashboard and I really don't care how it was added to the discount screen on the POS  The bogus discount has never been applied to any items, can someone tell me how to remove it? If not then just close this thread. Thank you

Message 5 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @NanY0business

I took a quick look at your Discount and looks like this particular discount was an internal discount that for some reason glitched and made itself publicly visible. I went ahead and took care of it for you, and you should no longer see it. 

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 7

I am also having this problem with my POS system. Random account transactions have a 10% discount on them labeled "Global Discount". It is not anywhere on our discounts page yet cost me $30 last month alone. How do I remove this?

Message 7 of 7