x

How do I mark an item in my modifier as sold out?

I've marked an item as sold out. However, it's still able to be added via an item modifier. How do I make the specific item also sold out in the modifier?

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi!!

We’re looking for a small group of vocal sellers to preview and test Marking Modifiers as Sold Out. In this beta, you will be able to
easily mark modifiers as sold out/available from Square POS and Dashboard. The sold out/available state will be respected across your sales channels.

• Enable sold out status on your modifier choices at a per-location basis 
  • Easily mark modifiers as sold out / available from Dashboard or POS
  • Modifier availability will sync across all your sales channels and devices

Interested?

You can request to join the Mark Modifiers as Sold Out group in the Beta Community, where we’ll share more details about this upcoming test and gather feedback from our participating sellers.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller Alumni

Hey @bombziesbbq 

As of right now there doesn't seem to be a way to mark a Modifier as being sold out, aside from just removing that particular modifier out of the list. That's what we have to do when we finish up a flavor.

But it's definitely a feature request!

Hope this helps,

Pesso

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 2 of 5
Square

Best Answer

Hi!!

We’re looking for a small group of vocal sellers to preview and test Marking Modifiers as Sold Out. In this beta, you will be able to
easily mark modifiers as sold out/available from Square POS and Dashboard. The sold out/available state will be respected across your sales channels.

• Enable sold out status on your modifier choices at a per-location basis 
  • Easily mark modifiers as sold out / available from Dashboard or POS
  • Modifier availability will sync across all your sales channels and devices

Interested?

You can request to join the Mark Modifiers as Sold Out group in the Beta Community, where we’ll share more details about this upcoming test and gather feedback from our participating sellers.

Message 3 of 5
Beta Member

I too would like to mark a modifier item (not the whole list) as Sold Out. I found this Square documentation that suggests it is already possible. Yet, I do not see such option in the Dashboard.
https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5119-create-and-manage-item-modifiers

Am I mistaken or is this documentation too old or too new?

Message 4 of 5
Square

@brian_a The documentation may have been new - you should be able to mark a modifier as sold out on Dashboard now. Please let us know if you still are not able to find the option!

Message 5 of 5