x
Beta Member

SP 700 still compatible?

Are ALL SP 700 printers compatible with Square still? I've recently had issues with our kitchen printers not printing full orders. We have a printer that has two printer stations that print through it. The most common issue is that one of those stations doesn't print at all, prints later than the rest of the order or omits certain items on the ticket.

Has anyone had similar issues? Are older SP700 printers being phased out?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Beta Member

P.S. - I've already gone through Squares trouble shooting steps many times and this exact same setup has been working for a couple years without this issue

Message 2 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hello @Rp3 thanks for trying all the troubleshooting steps, sorry you are still having issues, such a bummer! The SP 700 series printers are still compatible, but I do want to confirm whether this is the model you are using. The SP742ME? I saw in another post you mentioned duplicate tickets as well is this still happening? Or is the main problem now the tickets not printing at all or is delayed? I know you said you tried all the troubleshooting steps, does that include deleting and reinstalling the printer station and completely setting it up again? 

Message 3 of 5
Beta Member

Hi MayaP,

They are SP742, not sure on the ME part though, how would i confirm that? The main problem is items/ tickets not printing or printing delayed and the problem persists even after I replaced the router to ensure we have a strong Wifi connection. I have tried deleting and recreating printer stations as well as deleting and reinstalling Square, resetting network settings on the Ipads and factory resetting the Ipads and printers. 

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

You can check at the bottom of the printer, it should show the model @Rp3 . If you have gone through all printer and order troubleshooting steps then please reach out to Customer Support at 1-855-700-6000 squ.re/contactsqsupport so our team can file a ticket and engineers can look further into what good be causing this issue. I don't currently see this as a known issue with our system and printing tickets, so we will need to look into your account and order settings further to see what is going on. I appreciate your working with us to resolve this, if you need anything else please let me know! 

Message 5 of 5