x

Will the order ticket just show new items when they're added to open tickets?

Say I have an open ticket with an Old Fashioned already on it, customer orders another one, will the order ticket just show the new drink?

Message 1 of 42
2 Best Answers
Admin

Best Answer

Yep! As long as the ticket is open, you'll be able to keep adding items and it'll keep track of the count.

To add another Old Fashioned to the open ticket, go the Checkout screen > Tickets > select customer ticket > select the item. From there, you'll notice that the item count will increase on the customer's tab. After that, tap Save to keep the ticket open, or tap Charge to close out the sale. Find more information on this in our Support Center.

Hope this helps clear things up! If not, feel free to reply and I'll have another look. 🍻

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 42

Best Answer

Got a resolution: 

Enable Open Ticket

Enable Printing on internal printer: settings, hardware, printer, turn on order printing, order stubs needs turned off

View Best Answer >

Message 39 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Adding to previous ticket

For a bar or restaurant, is there away to toggle the quantity after the original ticket has been sent?

For example, customer opens a tab, comes back and adds the exact same item to the tab.

I see you can toggle the number during the tickets creation, but I don't see it as an option after the ticket has been saved.

Message 22 of 42
Admin

@Littoral If the ticket is still open you should be able to add another item to the customer's tab. Tom's Best Answer in this post has detailed steps to save another item to a ticket so I'm moving it here. (Please do reply if I've misunderstood your question!)

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 23 of 42

Doing as Tom suggested pulls up a 'Dining option' screen.

For Here

To Go

Discounts

Comp Item.

Can I set it up to toggle the # of drinks orders, such as available on initiating the ticket?

Message 24 of 42
Admin

Hi again @Littoral. If your item has more than one price point you should automatically see the the Quantity -/+ setting (see below) when you tap the item to add it a ticket (along with all the other settings).

However, if your drinks item have one price point the item will be added to the ticket right away. Here are the steps to adjust the quantity of an item already added to a ticket from an iPad:

1. Tap on an item to add it to the ticket.
  2. From ticket details on the right-hand side, tap on the item name.
  3. Tap the + icon to increase the quantity (scroll down to adjust Dining Options/Discoutns if needed) > tap Save.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 25 of 42

Any word on timestamping tickets when created?

Message 26 of 42
Admin

@manonegrallc

When an order is sent, it is time stamped in the upper right hand corner. You should see this in Square Point of Sale and Square for Restaurants. 

Let us know if that is not the case. 

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 27 of 42

• Negative.  Looking for timestamp electronically, as we do not use printed tickets
Message 28 of 42
Admin

Thanks for clarifying @manonegrallc - no updates on that feature request yet, I'm sorry! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 29 of 42

Hi There, 

We are a country club and are having a similar issue. We allow members to keep an open tab throughout the month and close out at the end of the month. However, if a customer has questions about their incidental charges from the month, we are unable to track the date in which the individual item was added to the open ticket. Do we need to log all of the dates manually in a note at this point in time if we want to track that?

Message 30 of 42
Admin

Yes, that's correct @Winton. You can add a note with the time/date an order is added by opening the ticket > tap the down arrow > select Edit Ticket

I'll share your feedback with the Product team about how helpful it would be to automatically have a record of the time and date an item was added to to Open Ticket. Thanks for letting us know! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 31 of 42
Beta Member

Can you see the time stamps on various items added to an open tab after it has been paid and closed?

Message 32 of 42

No

Message 33 of 42
Beta Member

A unwanted feature of your ticket system seems to be the date on the tickets. Every time I view the ticket, it updates the date of the ticket. We have tickets that can take a week or more to close out... yet every time I view the ticket it updates the date on the ticket and I cant tell when the ticket was opened. We have had to resort to adding the date opened in a note field - which is highly not convent. We have actually started to look around at other POS because this issue. How can I keep the date consistent with when the ticket was opened and not when the ticket was last viewed? IF your system could keep the original date it would make sorting by date much more useful... i could see aged tickets and easily find older ones that need to be worked one... not having this feature means things get missed.

Message 34 of 42
Alumni

Hey @Thomas810  👋

Thanks for resurfacing this feature request. I totally see how keeping the original ticket date mitigates confusion when sorting through your open tickets. Sorry this hasn't been implemented yet. 

For now, I've merged you to a thread where others are asking for the same thing. This helps us find you easily when announcing updates. 

We appreciate the detailed feedback! It gives us insight into your biz needs and helps our Product Team make changes that improves your experience.

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 35 of 42

Is there a way to have the time and date in the ticket when you save it. It is a big issue for us with the nature Of our business. Who can we talk to in order to get this going? I would

imagine it would be a quick fix.

Message 36 of 42
Alumni

Hey there @Shezchef - at the moment, that feature isn't available. While I can definitely share your feature request with out Product Team, it looks like other Sellers have opted into notating the saved ticket time by hand. 

Hopefully we can improve in this area down the road. When that time comes, we'll be sure to update you here. 

Justin
Message 37 of 42

I am seeing on this thread that a new ticket can be printed with only the NEW ITEMS added to an open ticket.  On my square terminals it only prints the initial order and then you have to manual print the entire order the next time.  Printing the entire order doesn't do me any good because my bartending would have to subtract the first order and we don't have time for that.  How can I get it to only print new items added to the ticket???

Message 38 of 42

Best Answer

Got a resolution: 

Enable Open Ticket

Enable Printing on internal printer: settings, hardware, printer, turn on order printing, order stubs needs turned off

Message 39 of 42
Square Community Moderator

Hi! Thanks for reaching out about this! I will keep passing your feedback forward regarding adding items directly to the bill. I can definitely see how it will save time. As far as asking for workarounds with beer flights, I am going to tag a few of our Super Sellers so they can share what has worked best for them. Also, welcome to the Seller Community!!

@pessosices @Ravenssong69 @shopfybr @LocavoreStore  @TCSlaguna @londontea @HC_Charlie @alexandriak @ber @ryanwanner  @GourmetOnWheels @Doran @allwhowander @VanKalkerFarms @homeprogreen @jjgard 

AshleyK
Message 40 of 42

Any updates on timestamps for tickets?

Message 41 of 42
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @JillianR

This is currently still a Feature Request. Our product teams are taking a look at feature requests daily to improve our platform for Restaurant users. 

Message 42 of 42