x

Turned on "taxes" but everytime I upload new xls, auto tax calculation gets turned off

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I import my items via .xlsx - I export that same spreadsheet, add to it when I have new items for my site and import it no problem - EXCEPT, although I enter a Y in the .xlsx for Tax, it appears that when I import the most recent .xlsx with new items, the Y doesn't take effect?

There are Tax Settings in the Online menu and also in Dashboard Menu.

Am I supposed to turn this feature on in both?

First I went to Square Online>Overview>Settings>Taxes>Region is already set to US, click EDIT>Automatically Calculate Taxes is already checked, so I hit SAVE and now there are taxes when I test items for them. BUT WHY DID THEY GO AWAY?

I know I could also start with Square Dashboard >Settings>Taxes>then click on Apply to Items - usually the items are all selected anyway.

Do I have to do both of these things every time I add items (glass artist with new items weekly - yikes).

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Thanks for your post, @GlassVox.

Is it only within the Online Store where you see that tax is not enabled? Does this only happen with the new items you add or is it changing it for existing items?

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 2 of 2