x
Beta Member

Inventory Syncing: 2 Locations 1 WooCommerce based website.

Forgive me if this has been discussed somewhere, but it's been a rough week already so hours of searching is something I'm trying to avoid today.  

We are setting up a second physical location.  I've added the location to Square, taken our "Terminal" over to get us started and started moving inventory both physically and in Square to the new location.   Now it is showing out of stock (or lower stock) on the WooCommerce based website however.  Is there a way to sync both locations to the WC website?  Even better would be to show how much stock is at each location, but I know that is probably asking way to much. 

Before anyone suggests we use the Square website option, it is far to limited in organization to work with our 4000 items.  

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @_Brandon_- Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community.

I apologize but I am having a little trouble understanding your question and your setup here. Where exactly are you attempting to sync the inventory to and from? It sounds like you are not currently using Square Online Store. Are you trying to copy inventory from one Square Account to another?

Whenever you have a moment, please reply to this message with a little more information describing your technical issue or question. We’ll be sure to follow up as soon as possible.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

We started with a Woo Commerce based website, and after setting up Square for in store use, we quickly found that Square's online option couldn't handle the category hierarchy that we needed to sort the 4000+ items that we have for sale. 

Our current store syncs with the Woo Commerce website like it is supposed to.  This current situation started when we decided to open a second location.  As we began moving some of our inventory to the new location it started disappearing from the website.  It turns out that the website can only sync with one location at a time.  At least according to Woo Commerce.  If there is any way around that, it would be great to know how to do it.   Otherwise we will just have to figure out a work around until we decide on a new POS software.

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi there again @_Brandon_👋 Appreciate your clarification here!

If the WooCommerece site is only able to sync information from one Square location on an account, it sounds like this is a limitation of the WooCommerce integration - which Square is unable to manipulate.

However, I would recommend seeing if you happen to get a different result after making the items available at both locations from Square's end of the integration. I'm wondering if the items you've attempted to sync so far are only assigned to your first location still.

You can check this by going to your Items page, clicking the item you'd like to test this on, then under the location field: select both locations from the checklist. 

I hope this information is helpful but please do let us know if you have any additional questions. Always happy to help! 😊

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

I spoke with WC after I first posted this, and it is an issue with them only syncing with one location per website.  Unfortunately since WC contains the descriptions and additional photos of all of our items, they are the master here.  Basically for the items we have multiples of I am keeping proper inventory.  For the items we have that are one off, they have to stay at the original location in Square regardless of where they physically are.  Luckily (in this case) Square will let us sell out of stock items so they just have to be stock transferred at the end of the transaction/day.  This will have to work until we can upgrade our in store POS to something that fixes this, our work order need, and has better category management than what Square currently offers. 

Thanks for the help. 

Message 5 of 5