x

ALL Library items are gone!

I completed entering ALL items into the Library. I completed a purchase. When I went to make a new purchase, ALL OF THE ITEMS, except the one I had charged on the previous purchase, HAD DISAPPEARED!  I can not imagine what happened. Are they hidden somewhere? Please tell me I don't have to add them again!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

@GetAmmoNow Is it possible you have two locations created? If so, you have to assign the location to the Item or, in your case, access the items in the correct location.  

Did you enter the items seperately or while exicuting a transaction? Lets hope it was seperately and you saved your changes then access "create an item" each time after saving each individual item.

Also, did you edit on one device then look for it on another?  Are you editing your online store rather than your register?

As for a location being selected each time you access something. This is a known [horrible feature] issue that square has yet to address.  I tested out a second location feature and now I am forced to select which location every time I edit or log in anywhere.  Even after marking the second location as inactive.  Huge mistake.

Message 2 of 6

First, I am a new user. Everything was done on my iPad. I have only one location. And, at this time I do not have an online store. I entered all items, one at a time, before making any transactions. 

So, now what? Any suggestions?  I have begun to re-enter the items. I select my category, which is still there from my original entry. Next I select, create item. When I type in the item, it automatically associates the picture taken for the original entry. It seems that the items must be there somewhere for the program to make that association. 

Also, a suggestion, after reading your comments. While none of these apply to my situation, it seems to me, that if Square has this know issue, that is truly a horrible feature, it would be something the support team would insist there be a big caution written into the instructions in Getting Started so that new users are aware before they make that huge mistake.

I am another new user who chose Square over less costly merchant services simply because Square has the most extensive experience. I have to say, I am quite disappointed. Not only is the Library unstable at best, but I have had to contact Level 4 Support because I also have charges that were approved, signed and completed that for some show as cash sales. There is no record of the credit/debit transaction. I really did not expect this from Square. I am researching other Merchant Services.

I do appreciate your quick attention to my situation.

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller

I don't know what happend to your library. Seems like somehow it didn't save when you got done entering them. 

Let me just assure you that Square is a great company.  We have done millions thru Square Register over the last few years and have had 0 issues.  We have anywhere from 3 to 10 devices syncing Square Register across them and running Transactions at any given time.

Message 4 of 6
Square

@GetAmmoNow - So sorry to hear about the trouble! For this particular issue, I'd suggest reaching out directly. It will be a lot easier to sort this out 1 on 1 with a supporter, as opposed to over the community. It sounds like there could be some sort of a bug, or we might just need to adjust your settings. Either way, I'd like to save you as much time as we can figuring it out. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 5 of 6

@GetAmmoNow First off I agree with @Sean you should contact support directly for a 1 on 1 assessment of your situation.  

Sometimes it's something simply, rest assured, simple mistakes is something all of us have made.  

1. Are you looking for your items on a blank tab rather than the tab you created the item on? There are tabs in the register program for multiple items in different categories or "Tabs".

2. Did you create your items but did not create your "grid" or did not add the items to your register.  You can create items all day long and they will never be added to your register grid unless you add them.  Hold you finger down on an empty square until like you would to move apps on your iPad.  Hit the plus sign and add the item.

Along the bottom of your register app there are tabs. The second to the last tab on the right is most important to your troubleshoot.  It is a "list" icon and will access all you items whether or not they’ve been added to your register.  If your items are not listed there - your only option is to contact support.  

Message 6 of 6