x
Beta Member

Selected shipping method is no longer available - Customers Unable To Place Online Orders

Hi,

We've had four different customers recently get in touch as they choose shipping in our online store but then at checkout, having attempted to pay, the order fails to process. They receive a message "Selected shipping method is no longer available, please select a new shipping method", however they can't (we have a flate shipping fee). The shipping charge seems to disapper from their checkout total and yet they have no way of amending this (it initially appears but seems to disappear in the process of payment). For all we know this is happening to many more customers and we're losing the business of those who aren't contacting us to ask "are you still posting things out?". Any ideas why this glitch happens? Or, how to iron it out?

Message 1 of 5
Report Inappropriate Content
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Hey @SamRead!

First of all let's try unpublishing and republishing the site to refresh the code.

Second of all if the system doesn't work still after that, can you try making the shipping rates again and seeing if the new ones work.

If this helps, please mark it as best answer to help others in the future!

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Thanks Matt,

We've tried unpublishing and republishing but orders have been slow and today we had a separate customer tell us they were receiving the "Selected shipping method is no longer available" message and therefore the system wouldn't process their order. 

I'll try remaking the shipping rate and see if this has any effect. We did email Square support a week ago but haven't received anything back yet so hoping this will work!

Message 3 of 5
Beta Member

We've tried both but we're still getting many customers receiving the "Selected shipping method is no longer available" message and not managing to pay and get their order placed. At present engineers are working on this glitch but we've had a month or more of not selling properly through the website. Any other ideas? Has anyone else experienced this? This is a screen shot from a customer...An example from one of our customersAn example from one of our customers

Message 4 of 5
Admin

Sorry to hear you're running into this @SamRead! This looks like an issue our engineering team are currently working on. We should have a fix to this soon. Once I have a confirmation that the fix has been rolled out, I'll be sure to follow up with you immediately. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 5 of 5