x

Tried to add a new item today, got this message:We’re sorry, but something went wrong.

From the webpage (https://squareup.com/dashboard/items/library/.... ) adding a new item with a PRICE , I get a red letter message upon clicking the Save button: We’re sorry, but something went wrong. (Leaving the PRICE blank allows the item to be added. )

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square

@Gigis - So sorry to hear about the trouble! There were a few open bugs for our item libraries around that time. Were you able to sort this out, or are you still having this issue? 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 11

I am getting that same error, were you able to resolve the issue?

Message 3 of 11

I'm having the same issue trying to edit Variations and Inventory.

Message 4 of 11

So far i am forced to creat a whole new item.  THe error occurs when i try to create a new variation of one of my products.

Message 5 of 11

I can modify the item on my phone via the app.  On my pc I can then update the inventory of the new variation.

Message 6 of 11

Is that the only way to make it work??

Message 7 of 11
Admin

Sorry to hear that you're getting that error message as well, @BGDee and @growlergirdle. If this is still happening, it might be best to contact our Support Team directly — they'll be able to have a closer look behind the scenes. Please let us know if anything else comes up!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 8 of 11

I have been having the same issue and it is now 3/2020, and I called customer service and was told they know about it..."hit and miss" if it will work.  I even added google chrome, and still the same error.  I have been at this for 2 weeks.  Super frustrating.  Thank you!

Message 9 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're seeing when adding items, @Hibiscusllc. When you have a moment, can you clear your cache, and try again? Here's how:

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More .
  3. Click More tools. Clear browsing data.
  4. At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
  5. Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
  6. Click Clear data.

Please let us know how you go!

Message 10 of 11

Did you ever get help with this issue?

Message 11 of 11