x

Pair Square Terminal with FooSales

We are going to start using the FooSales app as our storefront POS system, but still take payments through the Square Terminal. FooSales generates a code to pair with the Square terminal and says to log in with the temporary code, however, when I log into the Square terminal, there is no where to enter the FooSales pairing code.

Any tips on how to make this work?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @weloveart - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community.

This is not an integration I'm familiar with but I was able to find this article on FooSales's website to gain some insight. It looks like they are wanting to use the generated code as a device code to sign in on your Square Terminal.

You'll first need to sign out of your account by going to Settings, then Account, and Sign Out. From the sign-in screen, you'll select "use a device code". Here, you'll enter the code generated by FooSales.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let us know if you have any additional questions. Always happy to help! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

This didn't work. The device code that FooSales generates is 6 characters, whereas the device code area to enter in Square is more than that. I attempted to enter the device code, but it would not accept it. Logically, I'm not sure why it would, since it's just a random code generated by a third party app, so how would I be able to log-in just using the random code that FooSales generated?

There has to be some other place to put the code, but I can't see where...

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi again @weloveart, sorry to hear that didn't work out.

The sign-in screen is the only place where you're able to enter a device code on the Square Terminal. You may still need to complete the other steps in the setup before being able to enter the device code. Please refer to this article on FooSales'  website.

Although Square integrates with FooSales, their features, services, and setup are managed by FooSales directly. If you are needing further assistance with the setup of this integration, you will need to contact FooSales directly

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4