x

Beware scam email regarding Weebly account

I received an email that said my credit card had expired and my website had been deactivated. It was in my spam folder and looked suspicious so I went directly to my site and my credit card on file is current. The email address it came from was also suspicious -- rachel@deaneandco.com.au via sendinblue.com I wanted to bring this to Weebly's attention. The other reason it was suspicious is that it came to my business email address and my account is linked to my personal email so that made no sense. There are others out there who may not be as cautious. Clearly a fishing expedition for credit card numbers.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

I just got this email as well. And was looking for somewhere to report it.
Message 4 of 15

I got the same email today. Does Weebly even have a support email address? It'd be great to be able to notify someone of this stuff other than through here or Facebook Messenger. Grr.

Message 7 of 15

This is definitely spam. I'd been asked to forward my spam email to spoof@squareup.com. Then I got this automated email. Of course, you're not able to communicate with them anyway, unless you have a Square account. Poor customer service. Smiley Sad

"Hello,

Thanks for reaching out and forwarding us the suspicious message you received. From here, our team will investigate, and you do not need to take any additional steps. Please note that you won’t receive any further communication from Square about our investigation.

As a reminder, please do not reply to the suspicious message, give out any personal or sensitive information, click on any links, or open any attachments.

If you’re having issues accessing your account or would like to speak with us, please send us a message: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/contact

Thanks for your help,

The Square Team"

Message 7 of 15

I received the same email.  

Message 7 of 15
Square

You can forward the email to spoof@squareup.com

As with any spam email, do not click on any links and never provide personal information if you feel the email may be suspicious. 

Message 7 of 15

I also received two of these emails. Thanks for explaining.

Message 9 of 15

I got the same exact thing - very suspicious. 

Message 9 of 15

Just got same email today. PS your support page is awful, and jacked up, on phone.

Message 16 of 15
Square

You can forward the email to spoof@squareup.com @Mark_King What's happening on the support page? 

Message 16 of 15

Hi! On mobile I couldn't find links on the support page to email or to make a phone call. When I tried to chat it seemed like the chat window "broke" and had no button to send my comment, whole page kinda froze. My wife was puzzled by it, too. I was still a bit panicked by the scam so forgive me if I was brusque. I'm very pleased with Weebly!

Message 16 of 15
Square

It's okay. I get super frustrated when something doesn't work right, too! What type of device, and browser were you using? Or were you logged into the app? I haven't heard anyone else report this, but it's always a possibility that an issue could popup. 

Message 16 of 15

Motorola/Android phone...

Message 16 of 15

Oops, not on app, although I have it (deerrp)

Message 16 of 15
Square

I don't have an Android, but I was able to get to the support teams using my iPhone with Chrome. I did notice, though, that the send button is not clear. I had to hit "return" on my keyboard in order for my message to post. 🤔

Can you let us know if you are able to try again, but this time type in "speak with a rep" and hit the "return" or "enter" key on your keyboard? That should get you directly to the support team options for your account. 

Message 16 of 15