x

I can't post youtube videos

I can't post youtube videos anymore

he always replies: youtube.com has redirected you too many times

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square

I see Youtube videos on your homepage. Did you get this sorted out or do you still need help? Is there a specific page or Youtube url you are having trouble with? 

Message 9 of 8

could it be a problem with my browser?
Message 9 of 8
Square

If you switch to a different browser temporarily does it help?

Message 9 of 8

I am having the same issue. It just started on Monday, April 12, 2021. My embeded link gives me the same mesage that the previous person mentioned and i have tried all the browsers and my phone. Same message.

Please advise.

Message 9 of 8
Square

Are you using code from YouTube in an embed code element, @JKriese, or the YouTube element we provide?

Message 9 of 8

I was using the Embed code element and the code copied from YouTube. I was finally able to make it work by changing the code copied from youtube to include the following.two items highlighted in red. I had not changed the code that had quit working, so it must have been something YouTube had done or some change Weebly had made?. All of my YouTube links quit working because they were missing the code in red. I had saved off the original code when I posted it way back at the beginning of the year and I compared it to what was showing in the embeded code now and it was missing the items in red.

<iframe width="860" height="615" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/playlist?list=PLP0ixa-3l1jRCTysEQTl0esobQMuxEFSg" playlist="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not sure if you can explain why the embed code changed. I am the only one working with the website and the only change I made was when the code quit working on 4/11/2021.

But again, I do have it fixed. Just would be nice to know why it broke.

Thank you

Message 9 of 8
Square

Hmm.. this is new to me. I know in the past that Youtube had changed embed codes for removing related videos from showing at the end (it's no longer possible to remove this with code) but it looks like your original code didn't have this. 

We'll keep an eye out to see if more users report this, and if I hear of anything relevant I'll update this thread. 

Message 9 of 8