x

How do we utilize the SEO footer and header code on individual pages.

I use the SEO settings on the main page but as most of the pages on my websites could be stand alone articles should I be somehow utilizing the individual page SEO settings for header and footer code to pinpoint each page's individuality? If so how do I do this?

Message 1 of 16
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hey @OlivaryFineSoap!

Header and Footer code fields are meant for meta tags and special code that third party widgets often use.  For example, if you're verifying your site with Google you'll paste a meta tag into the Header Code field, or if you're including Google Analytics there will be script code that you paste there.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Hi, @Lorelei!

I definitely recommend filling out the Page Title, Page Description, and Meta Keywords on each page. However, you don't necessarily need to use the header and footer code on each page, especially if you've already entered Google Analytics on the site level on the Settings tab.

If you do a bit of searching, you can find tips on page-level (instead of site-level) SEO and Google Analytics code that you can insert here.

Thanks,

Erin

Weebly Community Manager

Message 2 of 16

Yep, I have the top three complete but wondered if the bottom was a necessity when we already have it done through the main setting. Thank you for your response.

Message 2 of 16

Nope! Not unless you just want that extra tracking.

Message 2 of 16

Hi

I can't find information on weebly that enables me to use the header and footer codes, or that even explains what they are.

(If this was Shopify.com I am sure there would be a detailed blog article on how to use it.!)

Could you please provide a link to an explanation of how to use them. 

Yes, I have read SEO info elsewhere and I havent seen those terms.

thanks

Message 2 of 16
Square

Best Answer

Hey @OlivaryFineSoap!

Header and Footer code fields are meant for meta tags and special code that third party widgets often use.  For example, if you're verifying your site with Google you'll paste a meta tag into the Header Code field, or if you're including Google Analytics there will be script code that you paste there.

Message 2 of 16

In that case c

@Adam wrote:

Hey @OlivaryFineSoap!

In that case, could you let me know, specifically, what the footer page is used for?

Message 2 of 16
Square

Some widgets require placing scripting right before the closing </body> tag of a page, so adding anything to the Footer Code field will place it there.

Message 2 of 16

Hi my google site verification code that I pasted into the header code keeps showing up on my site. its showing in white text at the top of my website. What am i doing wrong?

Message 2 of 16
Square

It looks like you didn't paste in a proper meta tag, @netty. See this guide in our Help Center for an example of what the META tag looks like:

https://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/articles/201723433-Verify-Site-with-Search-Engines

Message 2 of 16

Wish you can use examples to show on the new platform or dashboard. This doesnt look the same.   I have varified the site. Do i have to paste something into the header?  Or can that be skipped. Im trying to get google to recognize my site. It doesnt show on search results.

Message 2 of 16
Square

Google should index your site automatically, although it's tough to say when that will happen since Google doesn't disclose that kind of information.

Message 2 of 16

I'm having the same problem
Message 2 of 16
Square

Are you not seeing those fields under SEO Settings for individual pages on the Pages tab?

Message 2 of 16

I'd like to add the Google Analytics code into my header as recommended but the verification meta tag is already in the header. How do I add the Google Analytics code in the header while the other code is there? Do I just copy-paste it below the existing code? The instructions all show an empty header and proceed with that.

Message 2 of 16

Copy and paste only

type enter to create a space and then Paste on the top.

Works all the time

Message 2 of 16