x

Weebly site not visible in Google Search

Hi folks,

I set my Weebly site up with Google Analytics a few weeks ago. I have confirmed with the "Google Search Results" dashboard that my site has been crawled and indexed and should thus appear in a Google search. While I am aware that my site will not appear near the top of the search results due to low traffic at this point, I am not able to find my site anywhere within the search results. I've looked at both Google and Weebly's SEO documentation but haven't been able to figure out what the problem is.

Any help/suggestions would be great!  

Thanks!

Emily

Message 1 of 32
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

A good way to see if ur site is actually ON google is to search:

site:yoursitename.com

Or

site:yoursitename.weebly.com

Add the page url on the end   and do NOT put https  at the begining.

So on mine i would type:

site:nomadicbackpacker.com

And every thing thats been indexed will be listed

And for a certain  page  for example:

site:nomadicbackpacker.com/blog/backpacking-the-longsheng-dragons-backbone-longji-rice-terraces

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Square

Hi there. What's the name of the site, please?
Message 2 of 32

Weebly took my money and my site is off

Message 2 of 32
Square

Hi @ludus. I'm responding to the private message you sent me. Thanks!

Message 2 of 32

A good way to check if ur site is 'on' Google   is to search:

site:yoursitename.com   or 

site:yoursitename.com.weebly.com   

Add the page permalink url  on the end    

And do NOT put https   at the begining.

So on my blog  i would put:

And all pages on my site that r indexed and crawl will be displayed.

If no results  u gotta tell google about ur site:::!!

Write again if u need more info

Message 2 of 32

Hi. I have this problem too - have checked as advised, and it's not listed.

I have done the Google webmaster stuff 4 weeks ago.

Site is:  https://downsouthartsandcrafts.weebly.com/

How do I follow this up with Google (or whoever) please?

Message 2 of 32
Square

Do you mean you are not able to find your site using key words? Also, you have some type of code under the SEO section for every page of your site. Are these all the same code? You should delete from the single pages and instead add them under Settings>SEO>Header (or Footer)

Message 2 of 32

Hi everybody,

I set my Weebly site up a month ago, have a Search Console account and have now set up an account with Google Analytics, too. I have confirmed with the "Google Search Results" dashboard that my site has been crawled and indexed and should thus appear in a Google search. While I am aware that my site will not appear near the top of the search results due to low traffic at this point, I am not able to find my site anywhere within the search results.It only shows up, if the user already knows the complete domain : adoptarperrosgatos.com

It does not even list for adoptarperrosgatos, which is practically its domain name and has much less competitors.

Although I understand that there are several things that can be massively improved and that it will take time, effort and patience to be under the top 10, I cannot understand why it does not list for any search term at all. Also the weebly app tells me that it doesn´t have any search terms at all, although I don´t understand why, since I´ve filled in the SEO sections for each and any page.

I've looked at both Google and Weebly's SEO documentation but haven't been able to figure out what the problem is.

You mention that it would be good to include the keywords in the header or footer section of the whole site, but I´ve placed there the identification tag for Search Console and Google Analytics.

My site is

www.adoptarperrosgatos.com

Any help/suggestions would be highly appreciated!

Many thanks in advance!

Message 2 of 32
Square

It can definitely take some time to see positive SEO results. It looks like you have done a good job with entering your SEO information. I would focus on traffic for now. Are you integrating with social media? Are there any external websites linking to your website? Do your visitors click through several pages on your site?

Did you use the Weebly SEO guide to make sure you have covered all of your SEO bases?

Message 2 of 32

Best Answer

A good way to see if ur site is actually ON google is to search:

site:yoursitename.com

Or

site:yoursitename.weebly.com

Add the page url on the end   and do NOT put https  at the begining.

So on mine i would type:

And every thing thats been indexed will be listed

And for a certain  page  for example:

site:nomadicbackpacker.com/blog/backpacking-the-longsheng-dragons-backbone-longji-rice-terraces

Message 2 of 32
Square

Nice! Thanks for the share. Smiley Happy You are an SEO Pro, @whitemonkey!

Message 2 of 32

Thank you @Bernadette 

This is what u get when ur page is ON google or not as the case may be:image

Gonna  produce a post to highlight this   and where to put the verification code...

https://www.nomadicbackpacker.com

Message 2 of 32

Message 2 of 32

@whitemonkey thank you so much - your blog post was an awesome help!

Message 2 of 32

Thank you so much.. @KT2 

Even though its a travel website, im a die hard fan of Weebly  )@Bernadette  @Adam )  and i do post my tips on the same travel site under:

https://www.nomadicbackpacker.com/blogging-with-weebly

I dont lay claim to being a html genius     but i adapt lots of ideas from blogs and forums.. and tweak everything to get the desired look on my site. 

This is part of fun!!!

I used to have a  dot weebly dot com domain   and was told by WP die hards that i could never get on page 1 of google with a weebly blog.   I proved them wrong.  

With my own domain now things just get indexed by google a whole lot quicker.

Any way. Thx again for the kind words.

Please share my site if u can.  

White monkey

Message 2 of 32

Hi!

Are u able to help me? My site was 1st up on google results when I was with godaddy, but ever since I switched to Weebly (over a year ago)- nothing!

When I search site:samanthasherman.org my site pops up right away. But when I search "Samantha Sherman" it does not. At all.

Thanks for your kindness!

-Samantha

Message 2 of 32
Square

Hi Samantha. It looks like you have added content to the SEO settings in the editor. How long were you with Go Daddy? 

Message 2 of 32

Yes I hired someone to check it out & they updated my setttings- but also said there's no reason searching my name in google has not resulted in my site appearing in any results.

I was with godaddy i think for about 3 years. But I remember searching "samantha sherman" resulted in my site showing up within the first month.

Thanks!

Message 2 of 32

& sorry @Bernadette for the dealyed response! I didn't see your reply until just now!

Message 2 of 32
Square

Did you change page names and URLs, and if so did you set up an 301 redirects from the old URLs to the new URLs?

Message 2 of 32

@Adam I didn't change the name of the homepage, but I did change the other pages names & content. I am not familiar with 301 redirects, so I didn't do that. 

Message 2 of 32