x

When will AMP be accepted.

I spend a lot of time building sites with Weebly, and am looking to build with AMP to make things go faster.  Please let me know when you are planning on rolling this out, or I may have to leave Weebly. 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Hey there! We don't currently have any announcements where AMP is concerned. However, once we do, I'll be more than glad to spread the word!

Message 2 of 19

It is really paiful to test my site on Google and get this kind of result. I invested a lot of energy and time into getting along with Weebly tools and now I found myself stuck with an outdated webpage design...

This is what Google says about Weebly:

"Not an AMP page
The URL is not an AMP page, nor does it link to an AMP page."
Message 2 of 19

Very True - So did I
Message 2 of 19

Do you know if there are any updates regarding AMP? 

Message 5 of 19
Square

Not at this time, although we are looking into it. Thanks for checking!

Message 5 of 19

why cant a timeline for implemenation be provided

everyone wants it

people would pay
why does it not happen

Message 5 of 19

When??

Message 5 of 19
Square

Thanks for your interest! Unfortunately, it's difficult to provide an ETA on when any given feature we be taken up.

Message 5 of 19

Two years - Sad-
Message 5 of 19

Hi Adam,

Is there an AMP solution in the works at Weebly HQ?  I'm hoping for some confirmation on this, so please advise???

Thanks,

Shane

Message 5 of 19
Square

I've not heard anything else yet, unfortunately. Hopefully we hear more about this soon!

Message 5 of 19

Weebly , To my knowledge and research will do nothing about AMP .

Message 5 of 19

I would also like to know when AMP will be implemented in Weebly.  I have heard that having a Weebly website negatively impacts on my SEO, and this seems to be the first evidence of this.  Please confirm otherwise

Message 5 of 19

Hi @cwarrendickins

We currently don't support AMP, however I can pass this on as a feature request. I don't have any ETA on when this will be implemented. Sorry for the inconveniences. 

Message 5 of 19

I need AMP pages for my weebly.
Message 5 of 19

It is February 2019 and Weebly still is not addressing this. Our website has incredibly low rate on google speed test. When will AMP be implemented? Word Press is supporting it and we might have to go that route. Can anyone from Weebly provide actual updates on this?

When i contacted support they keep directing me to these forums asking me to post my ideas and suggestions and for them to be voted up so that Weebly take notice and eventualy mabe will develope any of these things.

Most of the sugested topics like AMP, browser caching and code optimization have threads that run back for 2-4 years and regardless that there are a ton of people asking Weebly to do these features we are not in 2019 and none of these feature are addressed.

It  is clear that Weebly will not implement these changes and does not want to stay ahead of the competition. Such a shame. It will take us another 3 to 6 month to rebuild the website on a differen platorm however we be forece to that as there is no decent response from Weebly what so ever.

Message 5 of 19

Google AMP was announced in October 2015, and still has not been implemented to Weebly, despite many requests to have it added. I really don't think you are working on adding this functionality. AMP is supported in WordPress, but if you're looking for something similar to Weebly with current technology implementations, I guess Squarespace is the best option now? They also support AMP pages, and a user friendly CMS. I may have to switch myself, given that Google will eventually penalize sites that do not implement their technology (if history is any indication, that have always done this with formats they support, ie: https).

Can you even confirm that this is actually an idea that WILL be implemented some day? Or is it just "being looked into" indefinitely, until the platform is no longer relavent?

Message 18 of 19

I haven't posted in this forum for a while because once you become active here you quickly realize that it's an exercise in futility. Many SEO, design, function related features have been requested and upvoted by 1000s of users and nothing has happened. I am in the process of slowly transitioning what I have on the Weebly platform over to WordPress. I have also stopped adding any new projects to Weebly because I am fearful that they will be obsolete within the next 5 years unless they start making some major changes.

As for AMP...They have already given you your answer by never giving you a straight answer. If you want AMP go to WordPress or Square Space. At this point we should be using this forum to list alternatives to Weebly to get the features we need which I believe would be a more productive conversation.

Message 18 of 19