x
Beta Member

Hello from a new member

Hi All,

I have just joined this new group. 
I initially started using crafts as a way to distract from fibromyalgia pain. As I was still working full-time then, I started this business in 2018 at a small artisan market and as a small side gig. It has since grown into more than I hoped it would, with a website etc and I have been working at it more or less full time for about a year. I am now having to scale my business down unfortunately due to health mostly - though I am not closing it down, just slowing down.

What I make has also evolved quite a bit whilst I have been trying to find a happy medium between what I enjoy making and what sells.
I am mostly very much into heritage crafts, I love buttons and their history, and haberdashery. Nowadays, I mostly make Dorset buttons, needlecases or needlebooks, pincushions and other pieces of haberdashery. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Beta Member

Hi Forginthecraft,

All the best - it's OK to slow down you know - as long as you're happy and enjoying what you do - that's all that counts.  We are finally at a point where as we control our business, it does not control us.

jk

Message 2 of 3

Best of luck to you! Are you going to just sell online from now on? 

Message 3 of 3