x
Admin

Share your creative work space!

Hey artists, crafters, and makers! ๐Ÿ‘‹
Do you have a studio or dedicated space in your home for your work? Do you rent space at a facility? Or do you just tend to work wherever you can? We'd love to see pictures of your workspace if you don't mind sharing!
Full disclosure: I do not have a dedicated creative space in my home, but half of my dining room has gradually become a de facto art/craft studio. It's way too messy to share pictures, though! ๐Ÿ™ˆ

Elisabeth (she/they)
Join a Group to connect with other business owners like you!
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
Beta Member

Hi All ....

Great to see what others here are doing.   For years my work space was our condo - sharing dinner with my sewing machine every night.  For quite some time we only sold at Farmer's Markets - our markets really had more artists than farmers.  Working out of a tent 3 days a week took a toll - it's a logistic nightmare (storage, weather, etc.).  Then we finally found a place that would be great for both creating and selling.   Here's a few picts of my Studio & Gallery.

jk

IMG_001.jpgIMG_002.jpgIMG_003.jpgIMG_004.jpgIMG_005.jpgIMG_007.jpg

Message 22 of 37

I had an extra bedroom where I store all 3 of my businesses lol. I just subleased a space to open up my slime shop! my kids were getting into all the slime hahahaha 

Message 23 of 37

IMG_0079.JPGIMG_0083.JPG06 - qc4c1EO.jpg10 - WHAn4Zn.jpg

Travis Butterworth
Message 24 of 37

For some reason, I can't upload the images of my workshop, so I'll just show some photos of the sales floor.07 - Do9pYKF.jpg08 - anfxCA9.jpg09 - S2vT3Ur.jpgIMG_0077.JPG

Travis Butterworth
Message 25 of 37
Beta Member

We've been in our first house a little over a year.   I've been using the side of the yard to work on a few things, so I call it my second studio ๐Ÿ™‚   Having lived in apartments for the last 30+ years, I can't tell you how nice it is to work in an outdoor space that we own with nobody else around.  Birds, the burbling stream, fresh air.  

I've prepped raw canvases and can even string up a temporary clothes line for them to dry between the coats.  

I was taking photos and adding new items to my Square Shop on this day.   I picked up a cheap canopy from Walmart last year that I use on hot or sunny days. 

IMG-7896.jpg

Geek In Stitches, Beta Member
Square Shop
Social Media Hub
Message 26 of 37

My craft room where I keep my suppliesMy craft room where I keep my suppliesWorking on a wall hanging on my Ikea adjustable clothing rackWorking on a wall hanging on my Ikea adjustable clothing rackWorking on a lampshade for a vintage ceiling lightWorking on a lampshade for a vintage ceiling lightThe finished shade. This was a commission order.The finished shade. This was a commission order.

Message 27 of 37

I've just posted pictures of my workspaces...not sure if I did that the right way but decided I need to add a message, too. I am so looking forward to being part of this group!

Message 28 of 37

Hi!  I'm Kim and I'm new to this group.  I'm a jeweler of 16 years and have always had a work shop in my home.  Right now it's in a very tiny room that I also share with my two greyhounds!  Doesn't leave me much walking space.  Luckily jewelry does not need much area to create from, but I do shipping from my living room and inventory from my dining room.  I'm probably not much different than most one person companies! 

Message 29 of 37
Super Seller

I love this thread!!

I have a beautiful 5 room salon but it is tough for me to work there lol. We constantly have clients and staff inside and it is not easy to focus for me. I swap between coffee shops and at home to get creative!

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 30 of 37

I work out of one of my rooms in my apartment. It feels crowded sometimes because it acts as a studio/office/storage/pantry. Thank goodness for walk-in closets! Here are some shots I just took.

20230804_081335.jpg

20230804_081349.jpg

20230804_081340.jpg

20230804_081418.jpg

20230804_081357.jpg

Of course this was when it had just been organized. Now I have stuff piled on the floor and my desk is under paper...somewhere!

PassageTwenty20

Message 31 of 37
Beta Member

Hello I'm Shae, I'm going through the same thing as well. Im a one person show so im working out of my bedroom in a house I share with my mom and sister, I make handmade jewelry so it can get out of control fast. if you in a vibe to just create. I will post pictures of my madness soon.

Message 32 of 37

Hi Shae! I liked that you had video. One problem was they all linked to you starting out in the kitchen. I would really like to see the others. I wish I had progress photos, but I never thought this far ahead. Never dared to dream this far ahead. And to be honest I am not great at doing photos. Have a great day!

Message 33 of 37
Beta Member

I have a candle and home accent business. This is the evolution of my space over the last year and a half! Fun to see how things have changed. 

how it started, in my kitchen

progress, cleaning out a room in the basement 

updates, new flooring, paint and a fun accent wall 

โ€ฆand how it looks when things get busy ๐Ÿ˜‚

Message 34 of 37
Beta Member

Sorry for the links not working properlyโ€ฆ trying again ๐Ÿ™‚

Progress: https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8SkDuAT/

Updates: https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8SkSX7M/

When things get busy: https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8Sk6yvn/

Message 35 of 37

Love it!

Message 36 of 37
Beta Member

IMG_0747.jpegItโ€™s usually a mess because I go live twice a week on Instagram, so Iโ€™m constantly switching stuff out, but it works well!! 

When I make malas or gemstone jewelry, I use my couch and whatever surface is available at the time! 

โ€ƒ

Message 37 of 37