x

Why haven’t I gotten any sales yet

Hi I’ve been running my shop for four months now and haven’t gotten one sale yet idk if it’s my prices or what is it I sell crochet handmade items 

my website  let me know ur thoughts 

sakurawizardingcreations.square.site 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hello @Sakurawizarding, I see this is your first post. I am so happy to have you join! 😀🎉

Your website and crochets are so cute! I know it can be discouraging, but I know the sales will come! I am going to tag some of our super sellers who can provide some of their tips and tricks @Stacelyn24 @Sam_400º @PartyManiaMD @ryanwanner @GourmetOnWheels

If you need anything don't hesitate to reach out to me or any of our Seller Community moderators  😊

Message 2 of 6
Super Seller

@Sakurawizarding I see nothing wrong with your site, but have you compared your prices with Etsy? Also, remember that customers are a bit tapped out after the Holiday Season.

René

Life is too short to eat boring cheese.
Message 3 of 6
Super Seller

@Sakurawizarding ;

How do you advertise your Website?  How do people know about your Website?  Just because you have a website does not mean people will come to it if they never heard of it.  I have a retail location and my website. When I have customers come in I let them know of the website and give them a business card that has the website on it plus my Labels are preprinted with our website on it.  Did you start a Facebook page for your crochet items?  Take pictures and post them there with Links to your website.   The biggest selling point we have is Word of mouth and boy does it travel.  Good and Bad.  Just after Christmas I started getting a bunch of orders from areas like Iowa and Michigan, California, Texas and FL.  These orders came from people who visted us or who had friends vist us and bought a candle or two to try.  So then for the holidays they ordered and gave them as gifts.  Now the people who received the gifts are ordering.  Things take time and just because you open a website does not make people come to it, you need to advertise your site and inform people why they should shop at your website over your competitors.  

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 4 of 6
Super Seller

I'm so sorry because that can be really frustrating, but don't give up.  Let's just take what we've learned and improve on it.  Okay so after looking at your site the prices look reasonable.  I would say you definitely need better photos.  I suggest going to one of your competitors sites or social media pages.  See how they pose their products and what color scheme the use for their website and social media platform....mimic them (not saying be like them...just mimic what you like and add your own style to the equation). 

For your "About Us" section.  It's a little short...add a little more about why you're passionate and how it helps you when you're crocheting.  Put a picture of you and your son in your creations...customers love an actual face behind the brand.  If you're not on social media like Instagram then get on there...link you Square website and sale from there.  You can get more customers that way as well 🙂

Start small...try something...monitor it.  If it works keep going if not, then tweak it and move forward.  You got this 🙂

Message 5 of 6
Beta Member

Hey there Sakurawizarding,

Just wanted to visit your site - did you take it off line - seems it's not available.  From the other posts, I think they all have offered some good tips.  Hopefully, you'll be back online soon.

Message 6 of 6