x
Beta Member

Appointments, Deposits and Contracts

For reference, I am a hairstylist that specializes in extensions.  I am wanting to use the Contracts feature to protect myself from all sorts of scenarios (cancellations, clients wanting deposits back, buyers remorse, etc.) Is there anyone who can share how they use this feature successfully? From what I understand, everything takes place via email.  So I email the contract, client signs it and we both get a copy.  Right now I anticipate that during a consultation, if a client wishes to place a deposit for extensions, I would need to email them the contract, have them then open, read and sign the contract right there, then I would take the deposit.  Am I thinking of this flow correctly?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

So I use it like this:

A client comes in for a consult.  

We agree on the treatment plan (I do peels and Hydrafacials).

I make the client an appointment and take her deposit.  

As soon as I set the appointment, Square auto-emails the client a contract based on which treatment they are receiving.  

I have the client open it right then and there to read and sign it.  

For repeat clients, I resend the contract once a year.  

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

I believe that flow is correct! Another way to complete contracts is to create a google form, print a QR code for the form, and turn on notifications. When a client is in your chair, they can scan and complete the form. This way, you don't have to continually check if the Square Contract is complete.

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 3 of 3