x
Super Seller

Best of Beauty: Education

Copy+of+Copy+of+Untitled+(31)-960w.png

I heard it once before: if you're not learning, you're not growing.

The beauty industry is constantly evolving, and with that we need to be constantly educating ourselves. 

Where do you go for continued education? **YouTube and Instagram don't count**

Jess
Hair Designer | Certified Trichologist

Visit My Website - JP Style & Solutions
Check out the magic on Instagram - @JESS.POYNTER
Make an impact on Facebook - @JPSTYLESOLUTIONS
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

I like to call myself a hair nerd, so I'm constantly finding new ways to educate myself. Here are just a few of the ones I love as a hair designer, and then a couple that aren't strictly for the beauty industry. 

Hair/Beauty

Thrivers Society - All the tools to help you work more ON your business instead of just in it

Behind the Chair - A GREAT virtual option for education, especially since in class classes are so limited

Goldwell Virtual and In-person learning - Lucky to be partnered with such a great color line that offers outstanding education

Other

Masterclass - You've seen the commercials I'm sure, but these classes are amazing! 

Goldman Sachs  - Business practices for small businesses 

I found these to be my biggest helps, especially when things got tough in the past couple of years. 

I can't wait to see what other resources people use!

Jess
Hair Designer | Certified Trichologist

Visit My Website - JP Style & Solutions
Check out the magic on Instagram - @JESS.POYNTER
Make an impact on Facebook - @JPSTYLESOLUTIONS
Message 2 of 4

I attend beauty shows and classes.

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

I try and go to several shows a year but also meet up with vendors that offer education on their products/tools.  A few favorites are Dermalogica, Phytomer, Sorella Apothocary, Celluma, PCA.  I don't even use most of their products in the spa but their education has been valuable.  Networking with other salons/spas that I can trade education with is great.  If I'm paying for an educator to come out for my team I often let a few of my spa bestie owners know so they can send their leads over to learn and they do the same with us.  

Also, books.  I love seeing so many estheticians writing books right now!  Caroline Hirons Skincare: A Guide is great for any newbie or seasoned estie.  The Organic Pharmacy put out a great book all about different ingredients and how they work.  Joanna Vargas Glow was interesting.  I read all the beauty mags and even IG, TikTok--mainly to be prepared to dispel the crazy ideas when my clients ask me about them.  Plus, just books on how to run a business.  I try and read a book or two a week.  

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 4 of 4