x

Can I use Square Appointments with booth renters at my salon?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Booth renters

We have a salon of 6 booth renters wanting to use square appointments as a scheduling avenue rather than traditional paper books. Is this possible?

Message 1 of 49
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Merging multiple account calendars

Hello @TPoirier5. With Square Appointments businesses can manage appointments for multiple members of staff. You can view all appointments for each member of staff side-by-side or individually from a computer or from an iPad. Equally, when booking online a  client can choose which barber they want from the online booking site. 

However, keep in mind that each staff member has to be set up on one 'master' account for the barbershop. Barbers could continue to accept payments from their own accounts, but the appointments/services won't appear in their Point of Sale app. 

I hope this is helpful and perhaps another barber or salon owner will chime in here to share their experience! 

2 Best Answers
Beta Member

Best Answer

Hi @taliaxhair,

We also have booth renters. We have encouraged each stylist to create their own appointments account, and then we created a "salon" google calendar and had them link their appointments to the calendar. Because iour stylists are booth renters/independent contractors, they manage their own schedule. Having it linked to a salon calendar lets everyone else in the salon see easily when their co-workers will be in the salon. We also went a step further to offer a link for online booking to each stylists individual accounts on our website. Feel free to check it out: www.shearperfectiononline.com

This has been really successful and convenient for all of our stylists. I was really concerned they would freak out with the change, but it seems like square has actually increased online booking and products sales. 

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 49
Super Seller

Best Answer

You’d have to create a salon Appointments account and then create a team. Every stylist would be listed as a new team member for scheduling purposes. There are options to create either employees or independent contractors, but the actually payments for each service is still a little tricky. 

In thinking more about it, you might also be able to have each stylist be a different “Location” within Appointments and then you might be able to connect more payment accounts as well. 

Hope this helps! I’m happy to assist in any way I can. 

Jess
Hair Designer | Certified Trichologist

Visit My Website - JP Style & Solutions
Check out the magic on Instagram - @JESS.POYNTER
Make an impact on Facebook - @JPSTYLESOLUTIONS

View Best Answer >

Message 25 of 49
48 REPLIES 48
Beta Member

yes, just use one tablet that belong to shop, login in master account.

https://g.page/Dandiesbarber?share
Message 43 of 49

Yes, I tried to get an Ipad, and just have each renter log in and out each time, but it's messy and confusing. If we do the multiple locations/independent contractors, then we have to pay extra. A simple solution would be to allow for a more streamlined sign in/out. 

I also run into check out issues in the salon for two guests at a time. Example: Husband and wife are two separate clients- I need to keep their profiles separate for tracking, but occasionally they come together. I'd like to be able to check out two clients on one transaction without affecting their profile tracking. 

Message 44 of 49
Super Seller

I completely agree with the concerns you’re having with multiple locations/independent contractors. When I was in a 10-chair salon, that was always our biggest concern. Through looking through various comments on other threads, I know these are some of the most common concerns I read, so I have a good feeling Square is actively working on solutions. 

Are you a part of the Appointments Beta group? It provides primarily-Appointments-using Sellers an opportunity to give more direct feedback. I’m sure it’d be great to have the viewpoint from a multi-provider location with independent contractors. 

Jess
Hair Designer | Certified Trichologist

Visit My Website - JP Style & Solutions
Check out the magic on Instagram - @JESS.POYNTER
Make an impact on Facebook - @JPSTYLESOLUTIONS
Message 45 of 49

I have a photography studio that is rentable to the public. The studio has 4 employees that are responsible for letting in clients through out the week. 

I want for the Clients to be given the information of the Employee that will be managing their booking.

This was I don't have to talk between the Client and my Employee to manage the day of booking. 

Employees are hourly so any transaction would be between the Client and the Company. 

Message 46 of 49

Could each renter be set up as a different location so that they could cash out on their own device and the $ go to their own account?

Message 47 of 49
Square Community Moderator

Hello @Magnolia1

Welcome to our Seller Community! We're always happy to see new faces. 

You could absolutely do that, the problem would come later, because for tax purposes, the account will be under one SSN/EIN.  

Let me know if you have any questions.

We would be happy to see you around the community again!

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 48 of 49
Super Seller

To continue on with the "Best Answer", if you have a central register or likely the Square Stand (since Appointments doesn't work with anything else except the card reader), I have had a lot of great success with Passcodes. You set up Passcodes, commission on products and/or services per staff member on the desktop site and this way, you can utilize one central POS in your space!

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 49 of 49