x

Consultation form

Hello ๐Ÿซถ๐Ÿผ I have a hair salon, and I was hoping to make a consultation form that I can attach to my clients profiles. Does anyone do anything like this? 

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @ToriHairnSugar  ๐Ÿ™‚

Hopefully, some of our sellers can share their experiences here, but I thought I'd pop in too. 

Consultation forms are a feature request at the moment, however, with Square Appointments, you can create and automatically send your contracts to collect consent from customers when they book for free.

I edited this consent form to gather 'consultation information' and it's then sent as a contract to be signed by the customer. 

If you haven't seen this feature, here are the available fields and a test I just set up using a few of the options. (This is an Appointments Plus feature). 

Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 14.27.39.png

Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 14.22.19.png

โ€ƒ

โ€ƒ

To get started :

1. Go to Contracts on your Online Square Dashboard
  2. Create a contract template for a location by going Templates > Create a template.
  3. Fill out the template and contract details, then click Save.
  4. Once the Contract template is created and saved, go to your Square Appointments Dashboard > Select Settings > Communications.
  5. Under Forms, click Add a form to add one of the templates youโ€™ve previously created and saved. Click Continue.
  6. Choose your preferences for Customers and Services, then click Save.

I hope this helps!

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question โœจ

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

@ToriHairnSugar Thanks so much for your question!

Tagging @JessPoynter & @Bronze_Palms to potentially weigh in with their insight here!

Max Pete
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Seller Community
Message 2 of 7
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @ToriHairnSugar  ๐Ÿ™‚

Hopefully, some of our sellers can share their experiences here, but I thought I'd pop in too. 

Consultation forms are a feature request at the moment, however, with Square Appointments, you can create and automatically send your contracts to collect consent from customers when they book for free.

I edited this consent form to gather 'consultation information' and it's then sent as a contract to be signed by the customer. 

If you haven't seen this feature, here are the available fields and a test I just set up using a few of the options. (This is an Appointments Plus feature). 

Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 14.27.39.png

Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 14.22.19.png

โ€ƒ

โ€ƒ

To get started :

1. Go to Contracts on your Online Square Dashboard
  2. Create a contract template for a location by going Templates > Create a template.
  3. Fill out the template and contract details, then click Save.
  4. Once the Contract template is created and saved, go to your Square Appointments Dashboard > Select Settings > Communications.
  5. Under Forms, click Add a form to add one of the templates youโ€™ve previously created and saved. Click Continue.
  6. Choose your preferences for Customers and Services, then click Save.

I hope this helps!

Breffni
Message 3 of 7

I actually just use JotForm for my consultation forms. You do have to send it separately manually when a new client books but itโ€™s free and helps me keep track. You can attach the pdf file from

Jot form to the clientโ€™s profile in square as well which makes it seamless. 

Message 4 of 7
Admin

This is another great workaround, @christiema, thanks so much for sharing. 

@ToriHairnSugar sharing the link to our Australian integration with JotForm in case you'd like to explore this idea. 

Breffni
Message 5 of 7
Beta Member

We do this as well with Square's contracts feature. Although the additional custom fields are not included in Appointments Plus anymore. That feature was moved to Invoice Plus a few months ago. 

Message 6 of 7
Super Seller

Because I'm a stickler for formatting and aesthetics, I do the same as @christiema and use Jotform. Being able to attach that to their profile is really handy. 

Like @christiema said, it is an additional step you need to do on your own. That being said, I use zapier to automate that process for me. 

Jess
Hair Designer | Certified Trichologist

Visit My Website - JP Style & Solutions
Check out the magic on Instagram - @JESS.POYNTER
Make an impact on Facebook - @JPSTYLESOLUTIONS
Message 7 of 7