x

Selling Packages on Square

Aloha Everyone.  I love Square as my booking and POS system, but I am having issues when it comes to selling packages.  Since Square doesn't have an option for that (hint, hint) I calculated prices with tax for all my packages (multiple treatment options) and simply sell gift cards with this preloaded amount.   Then when we charge the client we charge them a special package price.  This system is not optimal, but it works.  I was wondering if anyone else has that issue, and how did you resolve it.

Mieszko Stachowski
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

@BlackCoralWax I have seen the option of putting the package as the item level and then the services/items as modifiers.  So for example if you had a car wash business you could set up package 1 as basic services and list a modifier list with a list of available services and if they are allowed 2 choices .  Package 2 would be full service and you would have those options listed with limiting requiring pick 2 and a max of pick 2.

You can then use modifiers with pricing to charge upgrades so if hand wax was an upgrade over wash and wax you would just add the upcharge with the modifier.  You can get really creative with the modifiers and then customizing the preselected number of choices allowed under the item in the square dashboard.  I use the customizations to offer combos with different side items, but I advertise and preselect what I want to drive sales and then have different items with different prices as upgrades.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

@BlackCoralWax I think you have a great solution! I know that feature request has come up a lot (I’ve also requested being able to have trackable package services). 

I feel like there’s a way you could do it through Loyalty. You could alter the points and rewards so they essentially track themselves. Might be over complicating things. I think you have a really good option (for now 😊)

Jess
Hair Designer | Certified Trichologist

Visit My Website - JP Style & Solutions
Check out the magic on Instagram - @JESS.POYNTER
Make an impact on Facebook - @JPSTYLESOLUTIONS
Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

Would the Plans/Subscriptions tool be good for you? You can customize how frequently the packages are used or renewed. Plus you can change when the plan ends based on # of billing cycles. Not sure if that would be a beneficial interim solution. 

Jess
Hair Designer | Certified Trichologist

Visit My Website - JP Style & Solutions
Check out the magic on Instagram - @JESS.POYNTER
Make an impact on Facebook - @JPSTYLESOLUTIONS
Message 4 of 4