x
Admin

Square Register: First Reactions

Hi Seller Community👋! Today, we would like to share some first reactions to Square Register from our Beta sellers. We hope this will give you a better idea of whether Square Register will be a good fit for your business and what it looks like all set up. 

I would also encourage you to check out our Beta Community to join and potentially get access to new features first when we test them out.

If you have any questions, feel free to reply below!

From @filletandbone (farm shop & food emporium):

Square Register Set up.jpg

Kit finally arrived yesterday and we set it up after we'd closed. 

The whole process was an effortless delight from the beautiful packaging (first impressions count!) to the minimal configuration (it pulls many of the settings from your account once you log in).

Love the inclusion of a wired ethernet port - we'd always struggled with good wi-fi signal but that's now an issue of the past.  Peripherals (scanner/printer/cash drawer) were all plug n play and all worked first time.

Having rung up a few sales now I've a couple of initial comments. 

- On the positives, the larger screen is a big plus and the receipt printer is noticeably quicker (instant) between hitting print and the receipt appearing.  And the customer-facing screen of course is a wonderful addition.

- On the negatives, the look of the receipt is slightly different and cuts off lower parts of some characters (hopefully resolvable easily enough).  And I've found the app is fractionally slower between button presses than the iPad.

Overall we're feeling chuffed to be on the beta and have access to this great bit of kit, it definitely feels like a big step forward!

From @TGPH (food stores): 

Hey!

We're all set up now.. although we still need to bore a hole and chase the cables through our counter table to make it look neat.

1.  The unboxing experience was spectacular.  Really, really nice, which as a retailer is great to see.

2. The unit restarted a couple of times after initiation, presumably to update/install firmware which was a little disconcerting as it didn't warn me and I was worried it might be a defect.

3. The main unit itself is beautiful, I was worried there would be some latency when using the touch screen but it's really responsive, perhaps marginally less so than an iPad but barely noticeable.. and the bigger screen makes it a winner overall.

4. The way in which the customer can see items being added in real time and interact with the CFD is a game changer.  We eventually hope to integrate a scale to weigh fruit, veg and cheese.. to have this weight display in real time on the customer display would be pretty incredible.

It would also be helpful if we could upload a GIF or VIDEO to this screen and have it animate/play for a more effective/eye catching marketing opportunity. Alternatively uploading multiple images should slideshow across the CFD and customers should be able to swipe between. 

5. The design of the 'choose receipt screen' on the CFD needs work imo.  Cosmetically.. it's far less polished than the rest of the GUI.

6. Unrelated to Register, a feature that reminds staff with a popup on the till to wash their hands every hour (and clean the screen) would be really cool to see.

7. Customers sometimes try to tap their card on the CFD screen itself rather than below the screen when trying to initiate a contactless payment... they get it pretty quickly though.

I will feed back more as I think of it!

SO FAR SO GOOD!

From @BobbyHourglass (coffee shop):

I have to say that I've really been enjoying using Register, we haven't come across many issues at all throughout the beta and our customers absolutely love it 🙂

Alongside the aesthetics it's the additional screen is the most useful feature, especially during COVID, it's great to have a bit of branding on there when it's idle as well, card payments are lightning fast and as the UI is the same as the Ipad we had before there hasn't really been a learning curve at all.  

Thanks for letting us be part of the beta 🙂

Learn more about Square Register in our Support Centre

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 1 of 1
Report Inappropriate Content
0 REPLIES 0