x

Protecting online course and E-book from those who did not make a purchase

Can anyone help me to learn to protect my online course and E-book from those who did not purchase it. I would like to protect my work, Thank you in advance for any and all suggestions.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

An option would be to host it on a site where you can password protect a file.

This site allows you to password protect a link  https://short.io/features/password-protection

I Have not used this or any sire but it is a good starting point to look at and google some other options.

Message 2 of 5

Thank you I wlll take a look

Message 3 of 5
Beta Member

password protection does not help. Anyone can google your work and see it. Just not get to it directly from your website, but yes through a google search. 

Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

Hi GilaLife,

Selling digital downloads is a unique service and unless you're a coder with access to server resources you can manage, you may want to consider a 3rd party service that's intended to do what you have in mind.  Here's a link that highlights some of the various services.  Note, there are additional costs to consider and most of these services seem to use PayPal or Stripe however, some do offer ACH transfers.  Not sure if any of them can interface with Square direct for processing the transaction (that would be great).  The main issue with digital downloads is that either your link and/or password can be shared if you're not using a 3rd party service that can prevent this from happening.   

JK

Message 5 of 5