x

Can't transfer funds from our account - no response from Square - now considering legal action

So Square have put us in a position where we're now having to consider legal action to recover our £2,000+ that's sat in our Square account that won't transfer out to our verified UK bank account.

This, on top of the complete disregard they have for any customer support requests:

5 years and no progress...
https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Square-Point-of-Sale-Feature/Feature-Request-Customize-category-i...

11 months and no progress....
https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Feature-Requests-Point-of-Sale/Can-we-have-sub-categories/m-p/232...

Oh, and the Items that appear on the POS app aren't the same as the items that appear on the handset so you can't run table service effectively.

Square has been nothing but hassle from day one and here we are now having to get solicitors involved.

When will someone have the courtesy to give us a call?

Thank you.
TMT

PS.  We're a charity, for goodness sakes.

Message 1 of 3
Report Inappropriate Content
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hi @TradMusicTrust, very sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with your account. It sounds like our Account Services team may have require some additional information about you and your business.

These forums are public, so to protect your privacy, we need you to continue to work with them directly. They should have sent you an email with specific information about your account status, and actions that need to be taken. They'll reach out to you at the email address associated with your account just as soon as they have any updates.

If you have any questions about the form, please give us a call on 0800 - 098 8008 and our Support team will be able to assist further. 

Apologies again for the frustration, and thanks for your understanding.

Tra | she/her
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 3

@tranguyenif the Account Services team need additional information about me and/or our business, they why don't they just ask instead of leaving us in limbo for weeks?

I will assume, from your comment relating to having to "protect your privacy" that you have removed my post from public view, yet there was nothing within my post that was confidential.  I would appreciate it if you could reinstate that please.

The Account Services team have not sent an e-mail with specific information about our account status, or actions that need to be taken.

Is the telephone number you've provided a secret?  It certainly doesn't display anywhere on your website, with the Phone Support constantly listed as "Currently Unavailable".

Considering the other points we've raised too, which you have always commented on, are you any closer to acknowledging that the service that Square provide is nowhere near good enough?

Our only option at this stage is to call the number you've provided as we know that an e-mail reply will not be forthcoming.

For now, I would appreciate it if you could reinstate my post as this is an issue that the Community needs to be made aware of.

Thank you.
Regards
TMT

Message 3 of 3