x
Developer

API V2 CreateCheckout - Is this okay to use in a mobile app?

Hello - I am creating an e-Commerce iOS application and would like to use the "CreateCheckout". Is it okay to open the checkout URL in an internal browser, so that the customer never leaves the app? Just want to make sure this doesn't go against terms of agreement and etc.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

@Tapio Sorry for the late response here. 

Were you able to test this out successfully? 

If not, you might have better luck with API specific questions on the Stack Overflow Developers board. 

Message 2 of 5
Developer

Thanks for the response. Opening checkout in an internal web view did work. However, it's a little buggy since it doesn't scroll up on form errors. Also, the PHP SDK is missing logic to handle taxes in the API request. I'm not certain I will use this as my checkout solution. Really just looking to sync external orders with Square so that the revenue and other data displays in Square. If you know of another solution, please let me know.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 5
Alumni

Thanks so much for the feedback! The Checkout API is mobile responsive, and I've double checked that opening in an internal web browser doesn't violate our TOS, but I understand your additional needs around taxes and the scroll up experience. Unfortunately we don't have a better solution for your use case at this time, but I've shared this thread with our team so they can keep it in mind for future products. Best of luck with your app!

Message 4 of 5
Developer

After updating to square/connect 2.2.0 it appears the taxes/discounts functionality has been added.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 5