x

Activating the API

Hi...

I've got a website and I am currently using PayPal for payment processing, but there are people who would prefer not to use PayPal.  So I am very interested in getting the API plugged in, and the first step appears to be activating the API, only when I click the link, https://squareup.com/, to get there, I am redirected to my dashboard, and I don't see any option to do so.

I would really like to get the API codes and get going on this.  Once the store is setup, I plan on developing an app and using Square as the default payment processor.  

I have done this sort of thing before.

Thanks for your help in advance.  

I do appreciate it.

-Doug

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

@SD - Happy to have you on the Seller Community, and happy to follow up! To get going, you'll want to head to the @SD - Happy to have you on the Seller Community, and happy to follow up! To get going, you'll want to head to the Build with Square site. This is where you'll find all the details about being a developer on our platform, including how to get started. From that page, you'll want to click "Go to the Developer Portal" when you're ready to get going. Hope this helps! 

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

Best Answer

@SD - Happy to have you on the Seller Community, and happy to follow up! To get going, you'll want to head to the @SD - Happy to have you on the Seller Community, and happy to follow up! To get going, you'll want to head to the Build with Square site. This is where you'll find all the details about being a developer on our platform, including how to get started. From that page, you'll want to click "Go to the Developer Portal" when you're ready to get going. Hope this helps! 

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 4

Hi -- I'd like to keep the multi-page website I've already built on Blogger, but add "buy" buttons for each item that allow customers to purchase via Square, using the Square shopping cart and checkout.  Is this possible?  And if so can you point me to a how-to on setting that up?

Thank you!

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

Hey @arteregius - This is definitely possible but you'll need a developer to help you out. Check out this thread to see @Sean's best answer on how to get started.

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4