x
Super Seller

Customer facing display requests

Any updates coming for the Customer Display app? I love being able to use it. Firstly I should say thanks! And I am in no way being "fussy"... Being a beta app, I suppose you're interrested in feedback, so here goes. I must say, it's a tad "bare-bones" isn't it? My customers seem genuinely confused by it's presence and akward design layout. Just a simple header or a splash of color might help. 

I've only noticed a few issues with it's functionality. It seems impossible connect the display screen to the register without first fully closing the display beta app and reopening it each day. It would be nice if the display automatically connects to the register in the same way that a bluetooth barcode scanner does everytime you open the Square Register app. 

After a customer pays, the customer display screen continues to display their items until the "new sale" button is pushed on the register app. It would be better if the screen displayed how much change should be given back to them as soon as I press "tender" on the Register app, followed by a "thank you" screen or something like that. Sometimes this screen gets left on inbetween customers, and it seems a little awkard. 

It would be really cool to be able and edit the customer display screen, like adding a logo, or changing the color, text size, etc. I'm sure this is all stuff you're already working on... Just wanted to share my experience. Thanks for all that you do!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square

@LocavoreStore - Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I'll be sure to pass it along to our product liaison team. We're continually making improvements based on customers' feedback. Hopefully, this is something that we're able to improve upon in the future. Happy New Year! 🎉

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 5
Super Seller

Well said and I agree with it all.  I don't use it currently in retail because it doesn't seem ready for prime time yet, though I would love to use it.

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

I agree... It definately doesn't seem ready for "prime time" yet. I hate that customers cannot see what they are being charged for without manually pivoting the register screen to show them at checkout. The current build is enough of what I need that it's worth using, for no other reason then not having to show each customer what they are buying. I think it some states a customer facing display is required by law. No doubt, I will be eagerly awaiting updates for it.

Still crossing my fingers for an integrated weight scale one day too 😉

Message 4 of 5

I really wish we could have this on Android devices...I'm not much for iPads/iOS...and I'm sure I'm not the only one!

Message 5 of 5