x

Emulating a Barcode Scanner using Arduino

Hello,

I'm working on a project where I am using the Arduino Leonardo (it has an USB interface) to connect to the Square Terminal and output the UPC/SKU of the product.

At first I thought that I was going to be easy, as most Barcode Scanners emulate a HID keyboard and so does an arduino Leonardo, but it seems that when I connect it to the Square Terminal, the device doesn't do anything with the output, as if it doesn't even detect it.

When I connect the arduino to a normal PC, it outputs a SKU after pressing a button, just as a barcode scanner would when you press its button.

I have read the USB specifications, tried to emulate HID Interface, Report Descriptors and even matched the Raw Report Descriptor Dump from a Square Supported Barcode Scanner and tried to make the Arduino output the same data, but to no avail.

I'm wondering if any of you guys might have tried to do something like this ? or have any ideas as to what I might be missing ?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Hello @ankodeveloper

Currently our hardware is only compatible with 3rd party peripherals listed on this page. Right now we do not support any Arduino Leonardo products. 

If you still have questions, please feel free to reach out to me. 🙂

Message 2 of 2