x

How can I add more than one physical address to a customer/account?

We have several customers that we provide services to in multiple locations including their homes and multiple businesses. Most want one account and/or invoice that lists all of their associated addresses together for one final bill. I understand this can be manually imputed on the invoice. However, I would like to be able to use our customer database by searching for the customer's name and having a list of all the locations associated with that customer. Please let me know if this is possible.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Beta Member

If you're talking about a list of all your store locations that a specific customer has "shopped" at, you can go to the customer profile in the dashboard and look under their activity. It will show the location name on each purchase. You could also search a customer (click dropdown on card #) on the transactions page for a long date range and that would show you a total of all completed transactions for that one customer. It will not show open tickets, unpaid invoices.

What I think you're saying.....

If you are wanting to send them one bill for purchases or services from multiple locations, there isn't a direct way to do that (at least as far as I'm aware).

That's the nature of accounting, each transaction is attached to a specific location for tax purposes. If I understand your question correctly, what you're wanting to do is send a single invoice for items from different locations, but square doesn't have that ability for one invoice to split items to different stores.

The only work arounds I can think of is:

(1)   Probably the hardest option....

If you had each location set up as a category, all locations being under one "location", then you could add services from different locations this way. But you would have to create a separate list of items for each category "location" since you can't add a single item to more than one category. Updating pricing or item details could be quite the task this way.

(2)

The other possibility is using the Dining Options and assign a Location name for several dining options. This would keep all items under one main location, but allow you to assign which Dining "location" Option it was for. Provided you're not using this in some other way. This would allow you to make all items under their categories and updating prices, etc would be a lot more simple, but you couldn't have different prices for different locations, unless you used a variable price or different items list.

I hope my answer isn't too confusing..... 

The short answer is, "not really..."

But there is a way, you may just have to reinvent the wheel a little....

And I wouldn't recommend making these kind of changes at will, I would do it at the end of your fiscal year or in between busy seasons. Otherwise, your items and reports won't make as much sense.

Feel free to reach out if you want to discuss these options further.

Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

I forgot to add this... 

Based on your Thread Title, if you meant you needed to add more than one address for a customer, say customer physical address and customer billing address, you can add additional fields to customer profiles.

In the dashboard, go to Customers -> Settings -> Configure Profiles -> 

click the Create Custom Field button

Name it:  (Address 2 or 2nd Address)

Set Field type to "Address" -> Save

You can move the customer fields up and down by grabbing the three lines next to it. You can also hide fields you don't use.

Message 3 of 3