x

Is there an order/pay ahead app that integrates with Square?

We make juice amd smoothies to order and want to offer clients a way to order and pay ahead so they can just pick-up when the arrive. Similar to how Starbucks and many other chains do it.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller

There used to be, but it was shelved about a year ago. You can set up an online store that allows for pay-ahead pickup. Look for the online store link in the Dashboard and click away!

A few words of warning: I'm using the online store for my shop mostly because Square's online store is the only one that integrates printers into ordering. The store itself is relatively basic with a few sorely missing items (customer's order history being the biggest), but it is workable. Otherwise,  I highly recommend making new items in the online store editor instead of the items screen. They sometimes don't transfer over well.

Oh, and watch out for any shorthand you may have on modifiers (str for strawberry, for example): the customer sees the exact same modifier on their side.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 8
Alumni

Hey @JuiceAmour, thanks for posting and sorry for the delayed response here - this thread must have slipped through the cracks! Totally see how for your smoothie bar ordering ahead would be useful - I know this is something our developers have heard before, but I'll make sure to relay your use case to them. @ryanwanner is right also, you can use our online store for this workflow, but it does have some drawbacks as he mentioned. (BTW, thanks for the answer @ryanwanner!) 

As a side note - both of you may be interested in checking out the other e-commerce platforms that Square integrates with - you can see the options for connecting Square payments to your ecommerce platform in this post

Message 3 of 8
Developer

Hey,

We are building a mobile-order-ahead app that integrates with Square and will actually allow the user to earn points and redeem rewards.

For more info please visit https://poppinpay.com/ or contact me directly (see info below).

We are launching the app in September and it is subscription based.

Let me know if you are interested!

Thanks!

Ronnie Baroud

CEO

Poppin Pay

ronnie@poppinpay.com

Message 4 of 8

YES! Very interested. I will visit your website-

Message 5 of 8

Did you end up going with Poppin pay? Is it good?

Message 6 of 8

Im interested 

Message 7 of 8
Super Seller

Hey @Mollysbeachside I can tell you that I have used the PoppinPay app for around 6 months now. Originally I used only the Square Online Store. Since I added the app, my online sales have doubled!

The ease of use of the app on both the customer and merchant sides is amazing, and the support is top notch. I highly recommend them!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 8 of 8