x

Magento 2 & Syncing Magento 2 Inventory with Square (E-Commerce)

Hi,

I am working with a developer NVNCBL since they are willing to do custom Magento 2 work for me. I am wondering if/when Square will support the ability to sync your inventory with your E-commerce website. I would be awesome to have the following easily supported for us with a retail & website store:

1. Online sales through Square payment automatically import customer data from the transaction into your customer database in Square.

2. Allow the online inventory and product options to sync between the Square terminal and your E-commerce site for streamlined inventory (this way if something sells out, online customers aren't upset because the product stock hasn't been manually changed if the purchase was made in a store).

3. Allow the option for consumer financing to be offered to online customers as an option for payment.

Please let me know your thoughts/if these will ever be implimented.

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi @atozmedical! Marisa from the Square Developers team here.

For questions 1 and 2 (syncing customer data and inventory/product updates/stock level data between your Magento site and Square POS): these features are available through Square's APIs but unfortunately not part of the out-of-the-box NVNCBL Square-Magento integration, as far as I am aware. If you are working with NVNCBL directly, you could ask them to look at integrating with the Customers API, Catalog API, and Inventory API to get these capabilities. 

For question 3: this is not something we offer today, though it is a great suggestion and I will share this feedback with the team! Can you tell me a bit more about why this would be useful for your business? 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

Best Answer

Hi @atozmedical! Marisa from the Square Developers team here.

For questions 1 and 2 (syncing customer data and inventory/product updates/stock level data between your Magento site and Square POS): these features are available through Square's APIs but unfortunately not part of the out-of-the-box NVNCBL Square-Magento integration, as far as I am aware. If you are working with NVNCBL directly, you could ask them to look at integrating with the Customers API, Catalog API, and Inventory API to get these capabilities. 

For question 3: this is not something we offer today, though it is a great suggestion and I will share this feedback with the team! Can you tell me a bit more about why this would be useful for your business? 

Message 2 of 6

Hi,

Thankfully the developers over at NVNCBL are pretty good at developing for Square on the Magento 2 platform. They've saved my butt when it came to expediting checkout on our e-commerce site more times than I care to mention. I'll let them know about the product/customer API integration. It would be incredibly useful for online bookings to create a customer profile in Square too since that is our primary source for transactions.

Consumer financing would help us when it comes to people needing Medical equipment but are on a fixed income/insurance isn't providing. Since we are not charging customers for service but rather goods we can't really work on pricing since equipment is just expensive all-around. These customers might not be able to afford a $975.00 power scooter but they might be able to afford $100.00 a month for a year to pay for it. I believe this would allow us to provide equipment to a broader audience of people who would otherwise go without. 

Message 3 of 6
Square

Thanks so much for sharing those details, @atozmedical! That makes a ton of sense. I've passed this to the team responsible for consumer financing and they are grateful for the input. We'll keep you posted!

Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Integrating square with magento 2

am installing the extension for Magento 2.  I am currently using square to send out invoiced for new customers to pay.  

Question: When a customer pays their square invoice, will this transfer to Magento as a new customer with all the customer info and order information?  Showing as paid?

Message 5 of 6
Admin

Hi @GrannyDragon! I've moved your post over to this thread so you can read marisa_a's answer to this question. If it's possible to sync customer data with Magento in future we'll let you know here! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 6 of 6