x

Request : More Detailed Information On App Updates

We are a full service restaurant using Square For Restaurants. Frequently, Square For Restaurants will have app updates that can break our operations. For example, with the most recent update, individual reports (ie. Shift Reports, End Of Day Reports) would print numbers as 'zero' throughout the entire report for every staff member.

While other updates have given us issues (app crashing, connectivity errors), we have been avoiding updated the apps throughout our multiple devices running Square For Restaurants until we can determine whether or not an app update gives us any issues.

Mind you, we have only been using Square as our POS since August -- there have been more than enough bugs and issues. Don't get me wrong, I can only imagine how much goes into updates and how complex it is creating and maintaining a POS from a developers end, especially one that runs through iOS. 

What I am requesting is more detailed information when releasing app updates -- what is specifically being updated? As a side note, Square should take more time testing updates prior to public release.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hey there - @dcutting

Welcome back to the Community. 

Thank you for voicing this feedback about getting more detail on the app updates, so you can get some clarity on the what's been changed. 

I will send this over to our Product Team to get this on their radar. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2