x
Beta Member

What is the future of Square invoices?

Invoices Beta.

I love that there is a field for WO/PO # with corresponding date fields for "received" "started" and "completed". This is just what I need for multiple clients. Except... these things are useless in the customer profile. They need to be tied to individual invoices (multiple jobs for same client) and they need to actually SHOW on the invoice so my clients can see their WO/PO and the dates of progress. I can't even think of a way to use this feature the way it's setup. Seems completely weird and backwards to me. Also, why doesn't customer address show on invoice and why is there no "shipping" address field? We don't ship, but we have management companies that give different jobs at various locations so for us "shipping" works as "jobsite" (though the ability to customize field labels would be ideal). Would also very much prefer that the "message" showed below the total rather than before the itemization as we need a place to have a bit of "fine print" ie, contractual legalese, warranty, license numbers and what not. Also, why no negative prices? And why only whole positive numbers for quantities? Most everyone who bills by the hour actually bills in fractions of an hour! I mean, I could really go on and on. I understand that Square has long been oriented toward retail and bars/restaurants and never geared toward contractors or mobile service providers but come on! Show a little love for us, we already process credit cards through you. Well, some of them. A good 1/3 of my credit card payments are processed through Stripe right now because Invoice2go makes it so easy and actually has professional and versatile invoces. I really want to ditch them though and record all sales through Square, not just some of the credit card sales. So I ask, what is the future of INVOICES? Please tell me it's going to be built out into something contractors and other service professionals can rely on. I'm going to give it a go with Square invoices because I desperately need a multi truck inventory control system but for now I have to keep a real invoicing platform for the persnickety customers who need to see POs and dates and jobsites and fractional billed hours. So I'd really like to see Invoices look like invoices and not look just the same as your register tape style receipts from the POS side of things. And Estimates too of course. Why are Estimates only available on the web? Are you bringing Estimates to the app? Oh, and I just remembered, how about a column for SKUs as well. Sorry, like I said, I could go on and on...

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi again @snoplcus! Thank you very much for your detailed feedback about Square Invoices. The short answer is yes, we are continually working to add new features so that Invoices will suit all business types - including those who charge by the hour, those who want to customize the format o fthe invoice, and those who want to linclude the client and business address just like a traditonal invoice. 

If you haven't already I recommend subscribing to the Product Update board so you can hear about new features as soon as they're available, and you could add new requests to Feature Request board for Square Invoices too (I know you've already posted one and added your vote to another - thank you!)

Last but not least - yes you can try the beta version of Estimates from an iOS mobile device. Check out this thread for more information about participating in the beta! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 2