x

opted in to beta text marketing. how do i add clients to text marketing?

i opted in to beta text marketing. i have loyalty set up and clients enrolled.  i can create a text campaing in marketing yet it says i have no clients to send texts to. how do i get clients enrolled in text marketing so i can actually send a coupon?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Admin

@Sherrilynne

Have these customers provided a phone number for texts or do they just have emails attributed to their profiles? If a phone number has not been added (or they do not subscribed to SMS receipts- we don't have their number to send the text.  

If you have entered their phone number and are still seeing this issue, then we'd need to look into this further and see if their is a bug or some other limitation keeping you from using this feature. 

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 2 of 10

Yea we collect phone and email address for all clients  how wo UK ld they subscribe to SMS texts? Have never seen that as an option?

Message 3 of 10
Admin

@Sherrilynne

Sorry! I didn't see your response. For the future if you @ me, it will notify me right away that you've replied to the thread.

Looks like our team followed up with you via email. Let me know if you have additional questions!

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 4 of 10
Super Seller Alumni

@kellyj What was the issue here, just so I know if something similar happens to us?

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 5 of 10
Admin

@pessosices 

I think the issue had to do around Opt In permissions. If you've collected phone numbers, but someone has not opted into receive receipts via email- we have to still get permission to text that number for regulatory reasons.

As such, it can make you re-enroll these people so that we have the opt in request. That should have been the issue on this. 

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 6 of 10
Super Seller Alumni

Interesting. 

So we’d only be able to text the people who most recently checked into loyalty since the requirement of opt in? 
Makes sense!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 7 of 10
Admin

@pessosices 

Yep! Loyalty permissions would give us the permission for this. Should run on the same logic as the receipts as well as email marketing logic. Essentially a customer does need to receive the messages - and we have to receive that permission digitally. So if you collect the phone number, they do still need to opt in.

I'm getting some more information on the full flow of check in, the team will all be in shortly, so I'm going to see if I can get a screen shot of the opt in flow.

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 8 of 10
Beta Member

When could we start using text messaging marking (beta)?

we have a 3k customer database with phone numbers and email addresses 

Message 9 of 10
Beta Member

we have a 3k customer database with phone numbers and email addresses 

Message 10 of 10