x

"Device not supported"

Hi admin.
I have bug about Square, when connect to Reader SDK,

Device Not Supported
Rooted device are not supported. Please try another device or remove Root from this devices.

When i connect with app Square in Playstore is connect success Reader with connection: Bluetooth. But when i add sdk in my apps thi don't connect success Reader with connection: headset jack.

Please help me. 
Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

@MayaTran

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this for you.

It does seem like there is a security feature on the device that is preventing the connection from being established.

Doing a factory reset on the device should fix the problem.

If it does know, please let us know!

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 2 of 5

Who in their right mind would do a factory reset? Have you come up with a better solution yet?

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi, Jenna, thanks for reaching out. I know that a factory reset can seem like a scary step, but it is the only way to fix some glitches within a phone or tablet. I would encourage you to work with a technician at Best Buy or Apple when you need to do the factory reset as this may help with any uncertainties that come up during this step.

At this time, that is still the standing resolution for the problem listed above. If you have another issue at hand, please explain in detail what it is and we can try to offer some other troubleshooting steps you are more comfortable with. However; if you are having the exact same issue as MayaTran, then please follow the instructions set forth by Kellyj. Thank you!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5
Super Seller Alumni

@Jenna1 - Also if you have your device backed up, then it shouldn't be that bad.

I don't use Android, but I do use Apple - and if you have an iPad backed up through iCloud, then most/all of your data & settings should come right back after an iCloud Restore after a Factory Reset

Android probably has a similar feature?

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 5 of 5