x
Developer

API - Loyalty Program

I read a question answered which stated there is no API for the loyalty program. However, is there a way to track if the customer entered their loyalty information after checkout out through the POS (i.e. using Square Payments)? Our customers are currently using the loyalty program and we are developing a mobile app so they can place orders from a tablet in the store. Without the ability to keep the rewards in sync, it will force us to build our own POS which leverages the Square POS, so that we can track rewards in both the app and at the register.

Are there plans for a loyalty program API? This feature would help us tremendously and give a lot of flexibility to developers.

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

This has been a wanted feature request for over 5 years (based on the dates in this thread). At this point should we just give up hope that this feature will ever be implemented?

Message 22 of 28
Square Community Moderator

Hey @clarajanenash,

Welcome to the Community.

Please check out this Best Answer from above.  Feel free to also share your suggestions in our Ideate Room here: squ.re/ideate - Our Product Team keeps an eye on this forum as they are constantly improving our products based on feedback like this.

We appreciate your patience. 

Message 23 of 28

That "Best Answer" is from over two years ago. The fact that Square won't let loyalty be something that can be synced with anything other than Square Online seems like a really shady way of forcing their customers to use their own products rather than building a loyal following of happy customers by allowing us to interact with the POS/Website/Loyalty Program in any and all ways that will work for us. 

This is clearly something that many of us want (I'd go so far as to say ALL of your customers would like this feature), and yet you have made zero progress towards making it a reality in the last 5 years. That should be embarrassing and shameful for the engineering team at Square. 

Really hoping you guys decide to do better rather than make your customers struggle to find workarounds for some really simple things!

Edit: If there's 3rd party loyalty programs that can sync with our POS and Woocommerce I'd be interested in seeing those options since your developers aren't willing or able to integrate the two. 

Message 24 of 28

Hi Clara,

message us at peter@pc3digital.com, we can help

Message 25 of 28

Agreeing with the sentiment that this is a much needed feature and is incredibly tone deaf that it isn't implemented yet. I'm being forced to look elsewhere for e-commerce solutions because the Weebly integration isn't full featured enough for my needs. How is it possible that I can only select one location as a source for shipping inventory?! One simple, stupid thing, and I have to find a new solution. So yes, loyalty API is needed. I don't want to leave square, but I will if I can't get what I need to have a successful business without roadblocks.

Message 26 of 28

Hi Flourishbtq,

Please message us at peter@pc3digital.com, at your convenience, we can help. We are NYC metro digital agency

Message 27 of 28

message us at peter@pc3digital.com, we can help

Message 28 of 28