x
Super Seller

How Can I Set Up a Buy X Get Y Promo?

I would like to set up a promo for buy 3 of x item and receive 1 of y item free.  Is there a way to do that?

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hi @Doran,

Yes, it is an option in the Items > Discounts section of your Square Dashboard. You will want to create an automatic discount for quantities. See this page on creating and managing discounts.

Create Quantity Discounts

Create a discount that will automatically apply when you add items or categories and a specified quantity to a sale.

You can set up three types of quantity discounts:

• Exact Quantity: When you add an exact item quantity to your cart, the discount will automatically trigger and apply to the item cost.
  • Minimum Purchase Quantity: When you add a minimum quantity of an item to your cart, a discount will apply to all of the specified items.
  • Buy One, Get One: When a customer buys a specified quantity of an item or category, a discount will apply towards additions of the same item or towards different item(s) added to the cart. For example, you can create a BOGO discount so that when a customer purchases 2 hats, they’ll receive 50% off the cost of a scarf.

Note: If you’d like to set up a buy one, get one free discount, just make sure to set the discount percentage amount to 100%.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Best Answer

Hi @Doran,

Yes, it is an option in the Items > Discounts section of your Square Dashboard. You will want to create an automatic discount for quantities. See this page on creating and managing discounts.

Create Quantity Discounts

Create a discount that will automatically apply when you add items or categories and a specified quantity to a sale.

You can set up three types of quantity discounts:

• Exact Quantity: When you add an exact item quantity to your cart, the discount will automatically trigger and apply to the item cost.
  • Minimum Purchase Quantity: When you add a minimum quantity of an item to your cart, a discount will apply to all of the specified items.
  • Buy One, Get One: When a customer buys a specified quantity of an item or category, a discount will apply towards additions of the same item or towards different item(s) added to the cart. For example, you can create a BOGO discount so that when a customer purchases 2 hats, they’ll receive 50% off the cost of a scarf.

Note: If you’d like to set up a buy one, get one free discount, just make sure to set the discount percentage amount to 100%.

Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

To make sure I'm understanding this:

If I use the BOGO scenario, this doesn't automatically add the additional item to the ticket, but applies the discount if I ring in the 2nd item.

This is soooo close to allowing us to have an item automatically added to the ticket when a specific item is selected. 

If this could happen, it would be major for our company.

Message 3 of 3