x

How do I create a sellable hyperlink to a website event?

I have a fundraising comedy show coming up and want to sell a hyperlink that will take people to the online show on a website.  What do I need to do to have the audience pay for the link through Square?

I will promote the event through social media and would like to have a PAY button link to bring them to Square to pay and collect their email, with the event website link sending automatically.

I'm brand new to Square. Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Alumni

Hello @Tuhalt,

Thank you for posting in the Seller Community. Welcome.

Do you already have some form of website that you use to make online sales? Also, are you looking for a system that also keeps track of ticket sales?

Please let me know by replying in this thread. I'll keep an eye out for your response.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 5

Thanks Alex!

You asked: "Do you already have some form of website that you use to make online sales?"

We do not have an e-commerce site or anything like that. We have a showcase website www.OxymoronsComedy.net  Square is our first foray into collecting ticket money or t-shirt sales beyond Venmo.

"Also, are you looking for a system that also keeps track of ticket sales?"

I guess we are, because we want to sell tickets for a web link to a page on our website so people that can't attend can watch our upcoming comedy show on 11/13 on their computers.  We need some way to either automatically send the access link after payment or collect their emails so we can reply to them with the access link.  

Thanks!

Message 3 of 5
Alumni

Hi @Tuhalt,

I checked in with our Online Store Team and they mentioned that you do have the option to sell event type items by using our Online Store platform and builder. You could even set the items to set as a "digital delivery." Yet, our system does not automatically send the type of links you are requesting, it would all have to be manually done.

Please contact us directly for more information or steps on how to do so by visiting us here.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 5

Thanks Alex. That’s what I figured out as well. I can charge and collect money, emails, phones & contact info for a link, but then I have to harvest the emails and send the link manually, as you said. Thanks for looking into it for me!

Message 5 of 5