x

My shopping cart is not putting on the city or state tax on any of my orders. Square will not help

When a customer checks out, and it is sold in my state, only the state tax will get charged and not the city tax.

Same if a out of state customer it will not add any taxes on, I have everything correct and Square will not look in to it.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Control - Welcome to our Seller Community! 

Are you making your tax edits in the Square Online Dashboard or on your website? In the meantime, I'll take a closer look at your account. 

I'll be on the lookout 👀 for your reply. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 4

Hi, I have Square for checkout and godaddy website. It took me 5-6 hours yesterday but this is what is happening..

I have everything in square correct. Everything in godaddy correct, but it will not put city tax on. I know the setting is correct in square. 
Godaddy has one setting on there tax, it’s state tax only, no city tax etc. They don’t even have the option.

I disabled my tax on godaddy and it did not charge tax or shipping, so all square is doing for me is processing payment only. There is something that get gets caught up and square can’t get by godaddy tax. 
it’s so frustrating! I hope that makes sense to you.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

@Control - Thank you for providing additional details related to your sales tax. I can understand your frustration. I only see one item called "Easter Bunny with Carrots", so I hope I'm in the correct account.

At checkout, the system did add a tax amount (see picture below). If you have a different account you would like me to take a look at, please send me a private message with the email as this is a public platform. I'd be happy to look into it further. Since the sales tax seems to be functioning as expected in Square, I would suggest contacting Godaddy to help you take a look at this feature on their end. 

If you would like us to help you troubleshoot further feel free to give us a call. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 4