x

New to Square - gift card upload

I just ordered 250 plastic gift cards. We want to upload a unique value on to specific cards using the 16 digit code. How do I upload value onto gift cards using square online dashboard?

We have an e-commerce site and not a POS machine.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

@RWHome Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Seller Community! We don't have the ability to preload any gift cards, but you can create gift card items in the amount of preloads you want to sell (like $5 Gift Card) could be one item or even a variation of an item. Once that gift card is sold, you will need to load it manually via the Point of Sale app and then applying a 100% discount to that sale. Here is a help article with steps on how to load your gift card. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

@RWHome Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Seller Community! We don't have the ability to preload any gift cards, but you can create gift card items in the amount of preloads you want to sell (like $5 Gift Card) could be one item or even a variation of an item. Once that gift card is sold, you will need to load it manually via the Point of Sale app and then applying a 100% discount to that sale. Here is a help article with steps on how to load your gift card. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2