x

Online Store - Limiting the number of items ordered in a day

We are a doughnut shop and we only have a maximum capacity of 1,000 doughnuts per day. If we have a square online store, how do we make sure customers can't order more than 1,000 doughnuts per day?

I'm also assuming our online customers can order doughnuts through our online store days, weeks, or months in advance.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

Hi @ciderbellyandy,

Currently we do not have a way to limit the number of orders/items a customer can place without you manually turning your online store on/off. We definitely see how it could benefit your business model. Our teams are constantly looking through our seller's feedback to make necessary improvements, and we will be sure to let you know if anything ever changes or if new updates are released. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 4

Please implement this feature!! I'm running a bread bakery and honestly it seems like a no brainer. It would be very helpful to have an automatic limit because obviously my capacity isn't limitless. Thanks.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hello @rufous_evan,

Glad to see you posting in the Seller Community again, welcome back😊.

We hear you! This would definitely be a helpful feature to have. Since this is currently a feature request, the only workaround I can suggest is to 

perhaps bake a specific amount of items each day, (or at least indicate that on your online store ) as stock in order to avoid overbooking orders.

Currently, the only ability is to limit your pick up orders to every 15 minutes or turn off the online ordering feature. 😟

Your feedback will still be passed onto our product development teams through. I look forward to reading your reply! 

Frida
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4