x
Developer

Split payments to multiple square accounts

Does Square have something equivalent to Stripe where a multi-vendor website can have funds from a single payment transaction automatically distributed to the individual vendors.  I.e. split between multiple Square accounts?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

Currently the Online Store doesn't support distributing sales to multiple bank accounts. @ezms Sorry about that. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Developer

Competitive disadvantage.  I spoke with some folks from Square Development (could have been a marketing team) about a year ago about this.  They were going to be Beta testing something but I conveyed to them that their solution didn't address the multi-vendor environment like Stripe or even PayPal.  Too bad. Quick way to get people to sign up who are not current Square users so they can see the benefits.

Message 3 of 4

Hi guys, has this been addressed? I am interested in splitting between multiple Square accounts for a given transaction. 

For instance, use case is as follows:

- Consider a purchase of $10 on multi-vendor website.

- We want to submit 1 API call to Square to process the charge with 2 "recipient" square account ids and split rate ( 80% / 20% for example)

- Square, would in turn process the charge and credit 2 different accounts with this payment. 

- Result would be:
   - Square account 1 = receives $8
   - Square account 2 = receives $2

@JustinC 

Message 4 of 4