x

Using Square Checkout vs e-Comm API for simple integration for one time payments

I represent a high school dance group that currently has a website built on a web framework allowing non-technical resources to configure pages and content including using another payment service. They previously had been using PayPal via a simple link that passed the user over to that website for making a payment (i.e registering for competiton or dance clinic) but they are making the move to Square to use POS via the readers at iPads and this website option. I saw the comparison between Square Checkout vs. using a more complicated E-Commerce API option with having things embedded on our site and we definitely lean to the simple checkout option via the Square site. We simply want to access some simple code to copy and paste into our website that would send the user over to Square for payments for a single one-time payment transaction and then back to our website when done. I can only seem to find links to setting up the E-Commerce APIs. Any insights would be appreciated as we are just technical enough to be dangerous.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Alumni

Thanks for making your first post to the 👥 community, @Wgal1972.

Our API’s are best utilized by someone with API coding experience or working directly with a developer. At this time, we don't offer a simple copy + paste option to accept payments online. A more simple way to accept payments online is to connect your Square account with one of our e-commerce partners.

We’re constantly working on improving access to the tools businesses need. I’ll make sure to share your feedback with our Product Team.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. I’m happy to help. 👍

Message 2 of 3

Thanks for the response...just checking back now as we are in the middle of this Harvey mess south of Houston, Texas. I will look at some of those other options for our needs.

Message 3 of 3