x
Beta Member

Gift cards QR CODE

I want to start offering E-giftcards but having to type in a string of numbers for the card is ridiculous it's going to take to much time why can't we just scan a qr code from square pos app instead of keying in the code wouldn't this be quicker and less likely to make mistakes of wrongly keyed in numbers ? 

Message 1 of 6
Report Inappropriate Content
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

I've suggested before barcodes (& SKU's) for -everything-..... but would like to see linear barcodes rather than QR as they can be scanned by all the barcode scanners that Square supports too. 

I'd like to see barcode entry for customers to add them to a sale too. As asking for their details each time & searching can take time (even just the no. of button clicks). Being about to scan their 'card' at any point in the sale would be good. 

I know you're looking at e-gift cards, but I recently got the physical ones & love them. I've got them on my site too & will post out if needed. Great for Christmas. 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 2 of 6
Admin

Hi @Brandon-ee and @Sam_400ยบ, thank you for the suggestions! I can definitely see how this would help makes the process of redeeming eGift Card easier so I'll be sure to log this with our Product team as a feature request.

If you have yet to @Brandon-ee, it'll also be worthwhile to check out our Beta Community to join and potentially get access to new features first when we test them out.

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 3 of 6
Beta Member

Thanks I've joined the beta community and yea any barcode would work better than typing the number and also being able to scan barcodes with your mobile device camera other pos apps offer this feature so it is possible

Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

Hi had there been any updates on this please?

Message 5 of 6
Admin

Nothing new to report on this yet @Brandon-ee. Thanks for checking in!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 6 of 6