x

Is it possible to use Square Loyalty in the UK?

I would rather keep my loyalty programme in one place, is it possible to have square loyalty in the UK? if not, when is this planned? i really need an ETA, if not, i will end up going with someone else for this feature. 

Message 1 of 63
Report Inappropriate Content
3 Best Answers
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @ajjoshi@phillipsrw and @Furbellow, thank you reaching out about Square Loyalty!

We are still working on bringing this to the UK and we will definitely need businesses to test our feature so if you are interested, you can check out our Beta Programme as well

Our Seller Community UK is now live so I'll also be moving your post to a more relevant board. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 7 of 63
Super Seller

Best Answer

I believe there is already a beta running for this @tranguyen, I remember seeing it, it was probably in the UK beta group.

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services

View Best Answer >

Message 33 of 63
Admin

Best Answer

Hi everyone, I hope you're keeping well!

I want to share that Square Loyalty is now available in the UK ๐ŸŽ‰. With this, your customers can earn points for qualifying purchases from your Square Point of Sale app or from your Square Online site. You can customise your loyalty programme to fit your business needs and can even compare average spend and visits from Loyalty vs non-Loyalty customers to make sure you're getting the most out of your programme.

You can learn more about Square Loyalty here

Tra

View Best Answer >

Message 34 of 63
62 REPLIES 62
Admin

Hey @Sam_400ยบ, I'm just jumping in for Jess here! Loyalty is indeed not available on Square Register at the moment unfortunately @PizzettaRepubli. I think our hope is to have something next year but I don't have a timeline to share yet. It'll definitely be worthwhile to keep an eye on our Beta Community and I'll be sure to follow up when I have an update as well! 

Tra
Message 43 of 63

Hello

thanks for your answer.

if I buy one more square ipad (but not registered), can I add to my account to use loyalty

I want to know is it anyway I use loyalty program for my account with use to ipad( one registered and another one non registered)

Message 44 of 63
Admin

Hey @PizzettaRepubli, you can definitely use Square Loyalty on your new iPad alongside the Register.

There is a 30-return policy on all our hardware so it you purchase the Register recently and would prefer to keep everything on one device rather than splitting it into two, you can return the Register and purchase the Stand for iPad instead. 

Tra
Message 45 of 63

thanks, but I bought register device more than 30 days ago but because I cant use that for loyalty program I should buy one new non registered

Message 46 of 63

@tranguyen is it possible to return that, because we can't use this device for loyalty program

Message 47 of 63
Admin

I'm not sure if it's possible to return hardware past the 30-day policy but it doesn't hurt to contact our Support team directly and see if there's anything they can do @Kamran

Tra
Message 48 of 63

thank you

I have another question:

I want to sell Gift Card to my customers with discount but with expire date and one more condition for example they could use their credit one time per day and max 7 pounds.

can I do this with gift card or something like this

Message 49 of 63
Admin

Hmm, I don't think there is a way to set up with you need right now with gift cards @PizzettaRepubli. There isn't a way to limit gift card use on a daily basis. By default, there is no expiry date for Square gift cards and the balance will be valid as long as your Square account is active. The only way to achieve this would be to have a ยฃ7 max loaded onto any gift card at one time, so customers will only be able to use them for that amount at any one time. 

Tra
Message 50 of 63
Beta Member

Hey all, is Loyalty currently compatible with Square Register?? from what I'm seeing I'm thinking not

Message 51 of 63
Beta Member

Just answered my own question, took the time to actually read the tread. is there a register beta??

Message 52 of 63
Super Seller

Iโ€™m hoping square (block) has something in the program to unite all their products. Weโ€™re very behind in the UK - loyalty is fantastic. Our loyalty spend is significantly higher. 

Message 53 of 63
Beta Member

hey @Twiggy I was just going to ask how the Square Loyalty is working out for you in the UK?

We run a bar and was considering it but unsure how well it will work in such an environment.

I also note it is not compatible with the Square Register in the UK, do you know any more about that?

Thanks for any info.

Message 54 of 63
Super Seller

Loyalty is fantastic - We offer a discount at 100 โ€œpetalsโ€ we call it and a free bouquet at 500 petals and a huge vase at 10,000. 28% of our 2021 sales were loyalty which is considerably high considering we might only see a customer 3 to 4 times a year or they might not be local and with lock downs too. It has incentivised clients to purchase bi weekly and more frequently.  Iโ€™d say for โ€œconsumedโ€ items and I assume your regulars to offer something to bring them back monthly or even weekly -   If you use a reward as say a free shot of Twisted Nose Gin - then the reward is item specific and they canโ€™t get a shot of โ€œhouseโ€ gin or use it towards a double, if double is on your system with a different SKU.  You also have a duty to let your registered loyalty customers know if you change the rewards.  I was surprised that several are using their points for a significant floral event.  Register is not a system Iโ€˜m familiar with - many of our sales are over the phone, a screen pops up at the end and we ask the customer if theyโ€™d like to enrol and we tap in their mobile number to enrol.  I Use appointments, POS, retail and invoices on Ipad - POS on IPhone and POS on android I donโ€™t know whatโ€™s on the road map for register.  There might be a beta or closed group Iโ€™ll ask at the next meeting

Message 55 of 63
Beta Member

Awesome, that's great info thanks,. Good to see its working out for you too.

Message 56 of 63
Beta Member

Thanks @Twiggy , I've signed up for the trial but I am in a pickle now setting up the reward ๐Ÿ™‚

I don't want to make it too generous but then I don't want to make it too stingy, so our regular customers take the hump, so its finding that middle ground.

It would be nice if there were ways to offer 'points' for things like customers entering their birthdays, referring another customer, sharing on social media etc.

I've used those sort of incentives with another commercial rewards system in the past, hopefully Square will build on this and add features.

D

Message 57 of 63
Super Seller

Remember up to 500 is one price and more is like more. Many of our loyalty customers would use us anyway - Today for example a client wanted a bouquet for Valentines. He had 400 petals - 500 get you a ยฃ50 bouquet he wanted to spend ยฃ50 today.    I said the spend would need to be around ยฃ100 for what he wanted did he was happy to allow me to manually adjust his points so that he received a bouquet for ยฃ50 that should be ยฃ90  so it was great all round ...  I'd look at your sales per foot..... or your charge out cost.  

For those that might not know this.  This is the amount of sales an area takes up per Sqft of your store..... So like say - If you had a fresh coffeebean area that took up 4% or your sales floor area it should allow for 4% of your takings - at least.   Charge out is the hourly rate your store costs before you open the door - with no stock, staff Fixed cost -  You can't change this figure.  

People love the word "free" If I had a bar I would be gear it toward someone with a special Birthday or event and offer a free area - booth for your friends to celebrate - offer a discount for that service - or a free bottle of Prosecco when the tab hits an amount that fits your mark up. 

Why not ask your clients what they'd like - you'd be surprised.

Message 58 of 63
Super Seller

Or work with a local vendor - Offer one of their products free - vice versa. 

Message 59 of 63
Beta Member

please for the love of god bring Square Loyalty to Square register ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 60 of 63
Beta Member

Can someone from square please ask when loyalty is coming to register in the UK??

Message 61 of 63
Beta Member

From what I understand loyalty is available now, but it is not compatible with square register. You can find the option on the dashboard when you sign in via a desktop

Message 62 of 63
Square Community Moderator

Hi @TGPH, Square Loyalty is not yet available on Square Register and we don't have a timeline when it will be. I will update this thread when I have an update. 

Emma
Message 63 of 63