x
Beta Member

Query re Items Sales Reports

Hi All

Having used Square POS for five years now, we have accumulated some very useful sales data.  However, in analysing this I have encountered an issue and am wondering if there is a solution.

Over the years, the names of items have evolved and changed in our catalogue.  This has been due to various reasons including our increased experience and understanding of how to configure things, supplier rebrands and latterly, adding online sales channels.  It has resulted in some items having three or four names over the years.

What I have now discovered is that when I run historical sales reports, every amendment to an item's name results in a new line in the reports.   To me, it would be ideal if all historical sales would show under the current name of the item.

When exporting the entire stock file, I notice that every item has a unique TOKEN to identify it.  Presumably this token doesn't change when the name changes.  Therefore, I wonder if it is possible to generate reports that identify sales by TOKEN and then simply applies the current name of the item of that token to all sales.  This would save me having to export and then refine multiple lines into one line.

Any insight / suggestions gratefully received.   Thank you!

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @filletandbone!

Thanks for bringing this observation to the community.

At this time, the reporting filters against Item Sales Reports do not include many of the filters found on an Inventory Export. However, I can see why the addition of the Item Token filter would be beneficial in the Item Sales Report, or as part of a Custom Report. 

Our development team is continuously working to improve the product, so your feedback and feature suggestions are very much appreciated. 

While I can’t guarantee this is something the team could implement, you may find that one of our integration partners could offer the type of reporting solution you require. You can check out what’s on offer on the Square App Marketplace.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @filletandbone!

Thanks for bringing this observation to the community.

At this time, the reporting filters against Item Sales Reports do not include many of the filters found on an Inventory Export. However, I can see why the addition of the Item Token filter would be beneficial in the Item Sales Report, or as part of a Custom Report. 

Our development team is continuously working to improve the product, so your feedback and feature suggestions are very much appreciated. 

While I can’t guarantee this is something the team could implement, you may find that one of our integration partners could offer the type of reporting solution you require. You can check out what’s on offer on the Square App Marketplace.

Message 2 of 2